Paul Scholes has announced his retirement as a Manchester United player for the second time.
Key career moments:
- 24 September 1994: Makes Premier League debut for Manchester United
- 24 May 1997: Makes England debut under Glenn Hoddle
- May 1999: Helps the Reds towards European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup treble
- 3 August 2004: Makes shock retirement from international football
- 14 May 2011: Helps United win record 19th English league title
- 31 May 2011: Announces retirement for the first time, before returning in January 2012
More top news
The pre-trial hearing for a British banker, accused of murdering two women in Hong Kong last November, was adjourned for five weeks.
Conservationists say one of the UK's most threatened butterflies has recorded its best year for a decade following 2014's warm spring.
The SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon says tonight's TV election debate shows there is a clear demand for a new style of politics across the UK.