Paul Scholes has announced his retirement as a Manchester United player for the second time.
Key career moments:
- 24 September 1994: Makes Premier League debut for Manchester United
- 24 May 1997: Makes England debut under Glenn Hoddle
- May 1999: Helps the Reds towards European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup treble
- 3 August 2004: Makes shock retirement from international football
- 14 May 2011: Helps United win record 19th English league title
- 31 May 2011: Announces retirement for the first time, before returning in January 2012
More top news
Hundreds remain missing in what is becoming one of the worst natural disasters to hit Central America in recent years.
Medical charity worker relates how he and colleagues tried to save patients and staff following devastating air strike.
Union leaders and officials from a range of campaign groups will address demonstrators as Conservative party conference gets under way.