Paul Scholes has announced his retirement as a Manchester United player for the second time.
Key career moments:
- 24 September 1994: Makes Premier League debut for Manchester United
- 24 May 1997: Makes England debut under Glenn Hoddle
- May 1999: Helps the Reds towards European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup treble
- 3 August 2004: Makes shock retirement from international football
- 14 May 2011: Helps United win record 19th English league title
- 31 May 2011: Announces retirement for the first time, before returning in January 2012
More top news
As the world remembers the Holocaust, an Auschwitz survivor says he remains "fearful" following the attack on a Jewish supermarket in Paris.
Police are hunting four men who smashed their way into a jewellers in broad daylight and threatened staff with sledgehammers.
ComRes polling agency chairman says the next 100 days will be be gruelling in the most uncertain General Election that anyone can remember.