Paul Scholes has announced his retirement as a Manchester United player for the second time.
Key career moments:
- 24 September 1994: Makes Premier League debut for Manchester United
- 24 May 1997: Makes England debut under Glenn Hoddle
- May 1999: Helps the Reds towards European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup treble
- 3 August 2004: Makes shock retirement from international football
- 14 May 2011: Helps United win record 19th English league title
- 31 May 2011: Announces retirement for the first time, before returning in January 2012
More top news
London mayor Boris Johnson is backing Olympics supremo Seb Coe as his replacement.
A top Fifa official who assessed rival bids to stage the 2018 and 2022 World Cups revealed England’s was by far the strongest contender.
A hacker group who claimed to be behind a cyber attack on Sony Pictures have posted a message online apparently mocking the FBI.