Paul Scholes has announced his retirement as a Manchester United player for the second time.
Key career moments:
- 24 September 1994: Makes Premier League debut for Manchester United
- 24 May 1997: Makes England debut under Glenn Hoddle
- May 1999: Helps the Reds towards European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup treble
- 3 August 2004: Makes shock retirement from international football
- 14 May 2011: Helps United win record 19th English league title
- 31 May 2011: Announces retirement for the first time, before returning in January 2012
More top news
PM used a speech in Hamburg to say that the UK will not 'pull up the drawbridge and retreat from the world' but Europe must change.
It is set to remain unsettled into Saturday, becoming drier on Sunday.
The Independent has announced it is to cease publication and go online only from the end of March.