Paul Scholes has announced his retirement as a Manchester United player for the second time.
Key career moments:
- 24 September 1994: Makes Premier League debut for Manchester United
- 24 May 1997: Makes England debut under Glenn Hoddle
- May 1999: Helps the Reds towards European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup treble
- 3 August 2004: Makes shock retirement from international football
- 14 May 2011: Helps United win record 19th English league title
- 31 May 2011: Announces retirement for the first time, before returning in January 2012
More top news
An intrepid group of activists is taking its message of independence to new heights by leaving giant 'Yeses' on hillsides across Scotland.
Newly-released documents reveal how British spymasters used an enticing female agent to test the mettle of rookie spies.
Researchers studying the King's remains believe he died after sustaining numerous blows to the head.