Paul Scholes has announced his retirement as a Manchester United player for the second time.
Key career moments:
- 24 September 1994: Makes Premier League debut for Manchester United
- 24 May 1997: Makes England debut under Glenn Hoddle
- May 1999: Helps the Reds towards European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup treble
- 3 August 2004: Makes shock retirement from international football
- 14 May 2011: Helps United win record 19th English league title
- 31 May 2011: Announces retirement for the first time, before returning in January 2012
More top news
Spiders are able to travel across water like ships, using their legs as sails and silk as an anchor, according to new research.
Patient care will suffer if the Chancellor does not announce additional NHS funding in next week's budget, a think tank has warned.
Life-changing gene therapy for cystic fibrosis sufferers could be available in the next five years following a landmark trial.