- Around 55,000 people are diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the UK. That’s one person every 10 minutes.
- Just under 12,000 people die from breast cancer in the UK every year.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, and account for around a third of all new cancers diagnosed in women.
- An estimated 550,000 people living in the UK today have had a diagnosis of breast cancer.
- More people are being diagnosed with breast cancer but survival rates are improving.
Brad Pitt described his partner Angelina Jolie as "absolutely heroic" after the actress revealed she underwent a double mastectomy.
Breast cancer charities warn that all women should be "breast aware" - but what should you look out for?
As Angelina Jolie reveals she underwent a preventative double mastectomy, Tracey Barraclough tells ITV News why she had the same procedure.