Reports in The Telegraph and The Mirror said that within days of drinking the methanol a woman, reported as reports as Cheznye Emmons, complained that she had lost her sight.
She went through the jungle to the nearest eye clinic, and was referred to a hospital in Sumatra, where she was placed in an induced coma.
Her parents flew to her bedside and made the decision to turn off her life support machine.
Indonesia has an alcohol tax of more than 200% on some products, which leads locals to brew their own home-made spirits.Methanol is a by-product of poor distillation techniques.
More top news
Their relief of Scottish banks, estate agents and other businesses this morning is obvious after the country voted to stay in the UK.
The referendum story is rapidly heading south. Scottish voters were promised more power - now English and Welsh voters ask "what about us?"
The Scottish independence referendum was threatening to turn into a huge boost for separatist movements in many countries in Europe.