More than 60 million people watched as the hull section of the Mary Rose gunship was lifted to the surface on October 11 1982.
Tomorrow for the first time the wreck will be brought together with thousands of its artefacts, which until recently had been housed separately, in a new museum.
The museum includes a wide range of items from 500-year-old nits to longbows and the favourite of visitors, the skeleton of the ship's dog Hatch.
The Mary Rose Museum is based at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, the same place where the ship was built in 1510.
A celebratory launch day, including a gun salute and a water cannon display, will be held today before the museum officially opens to the public tomorrow.
A new £27 million museum housing the wreck of the Mary Rose has opened in Portsmouth in the same place where the ship was built in 1510.
The latest chapter in the history of Henry VIII's flagship, built more than 500 years ago, will see the opening of the new Mary Rose Museum.