The government has announced a raft of new proposals that gives communities the chance to stop wind farms being built in their area.
Here is a look at how important wind turbines are for the UK's energy supply:
- Onshore wind provided 3% of the UK's electricity supplies in 2011.
- That generated enough power for the equivalent of 2.5 million homes.
- More than 4,000 wind turbines are in operation across the country.
- Almost 6,000 are under or awaiting construction or in the planning system.
- The industry attracted £1.6 billion in private investment in 2011/2012.
- It supports approximately 1,800 jobs.
More top news
There "will not be a war again on the Korean Peninsula", South Korea's President Moon Jae-in has said.
Doug Bergeson, from Wisconsin, USA, calmly drove himself to hospital and walked into the emergency room to ask for help.
The venue will open its doors again for the first time since May's bombing on September 9 for the We Are Manchester concert .