The government has announced a raft of new proposals that gives communities the chance to stop wind farms being built in their area.
Here is a look at how important wind turbines are for the UK's energy supply:
- Onshore wind provided 3% of the UK's electricity supplies in 2011.
- That generated enough power for the equivalent of 2.5 million homes.
- More than 4,000 wind turbines are in operation across the country.
- Almost 6,000 are under or awaiting construction or in the planning system.
- The industry attracted £1.6 billion in private investment in 2011/2012.
- It supports approximately 1,800 jobs.
More top news
More than 120 famed actors and music stars said they are using their "privilege to speak out" to warn of Trump's "real and present threats".
A character is seen carrying a tray of hot drinks before slipping on some paper, with one sheet appearing to be covered with Arabic script.
A historic night in Philadelphia saw mixed emotions as a bitter rivalry was settled before Bill Clinton made his pitch for his wife to lead.