- In Manchester, there were 455 premature deaths per 100,000 people from 2009 to 2011.
- The region has the highest death rate from cancer in the country, with 152 deaths per 100,000 people recorded, as well as from heart disease and stroke, with 116 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Blackpool has the highest rates for liver and lung disease, with 39 and 62 premature deaths per 100,000 respectively in that time.
- Wokingham has the lowest overall premature mortality rate with 200 such deaths in the same period, making it the best in the list of 150 local authorities.
- It is also the best region for heart disease and stroke, with the lowest number of deaths - 40 per 100,000 from 2009 to 2011.
More top news
Blur have proven their Universal appeal by storming straight to the top of the charts with their new album The Magic Whip.
Tomorrow will be a much drier, brighter day until rain arrives late afternoon.
David Beckham's 40th birthday celebrations turned into a mini Spice Girls reunion in Marrakech.