- In Manchester, there were 455 premature deaths per 100,000 people from 2009 to 2011.
- The region has the highest death rate from cancer in the country, with 152 deaths per 100,000 people recorded, as well as from heart disease and stroke, with 116 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Blackpool has the highest rates for liver and lung disease, with 39 and 62 premature deaths per 100,000 respectively in that time.
- Wokingham has the lowest overall premature mortality rate with 200 such deaths in the same period, making it the best in the list of 150 local authorities.
- It is also the best region for heart disease and stroke, with the lowest number of deaths - 40 per 100,000 from 2009 to 2011.
More top news
Donald Trump's son-in-law has denied colluding with Moscow during a set of meetings with Russians ahead of the US presidential election.
Chocolate bars being shrunk in size by manufacturers have managed to bump up the total cost of producing the treats, new figures suggest.
Tackling the effects of the emerging drug has been described as one of the 'biggest challenges in policing' for 30 years.