- In Manchester, there were 455 premature deaths per 100,000 people from 2009 to 2011.
- The region has the highest death rate from cancer in the country, with 152 deaths per 100,000 people recorded, as well as from heart disease and stroke, with 116 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Blackpool has the highest rates for liver and lung disease, with 39 and 62 premature deaths per 100,000 respectively in that time.
- Wokingham has the lowest overall premature mortality rate with 200 such deaths in the same period, making it the best in the list of 150 local authorities.
- It is also the best region for heart disease and stroke, with the lowest number of deaths - 40 per 100,000 from 2009 to 2011.
More top news
The United Nations has expressed 'grave concerns' over reports that the so-called Islamic State is using civilians as human shields.
An amateur sculptor offered to step in after the statue was vandalised - but the local priest admits the result is 'shocking to the eyes'.
The couple made the announcement last night in Los Angeles at the premiere of his latest film Doctor Strange.