- In Manchester, there were 455 premature deaths per 100,000 people from 2009 to 2011.
- The region has the highest death rate from cancer in the country, with 152 deaths per 100,000 people recorded, as well as from heart disease and stroke, with 116 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Blackpool has the highest rates for liver and lung disease, with 39 and 62 premature deaths per 100,000 respectively in that time.
- Wokingham has the lowest overall premature mortality rate with 200 such deaths in the same period, making it the best in the list of 150 local authorities.
- It is also the best region for heart disease and stroke, with the lowest number of deaths - 40 per 100,000 from 2009 to 2011.
More top news
Scotland wanted every child to have a 'named person' to look after their welfare regardless of their family situation.
The adorable 10-stamp issue marks the 150th anniversary of Potter's birth. Featuring Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Tom Kitten and more!
A man who launched a savage attack on his partner and another on the mother of his children minutes later has admitted two counts of murder.