Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
The wife of a British aid worker held by Islamic State militants has recorded a message to his captors appealing for his life to be spared.
Even if you're having a tough day in the office, it's unlikely to be as difficult as the one facing the director of the US Secret Service.
The first behind-the-scenes photographs of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Venice wedding have been published in a celebrity magazine.