Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
It will be largely dry with some good sunny spells breaking through across many parts today
Hayley Cowan was sentenced to four months and banned from keeping animals for life after killing Staffordshire Bull Terrier Beau.
The High Court has ruled the prison segregation of two terrorists was unlawful although it rejected claims their human rights were abused.