Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
A legendary Bunny, leisure centres and protests from the Anti-Nazi League. There's plenty to learn as Murray and Co bid for tennis glory.
Natasha Kaplinsky has interviewed survivors and liberators of Nazi concentration camps to hear untold stories of the Holocaust
The man jumped the fence while the president and his family were inside celebrating Thanksgiving but was quickly apprehended.