Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Justin Timberlake has confirmed he and his wife Jessica Biel are expecting their first child together.
Donations for a frail and visually impaired pensioner who was attacked outside his home have passed £200,000.
Labour's billboard posters during the general election campaign will focus on 'issues not personalities', the party's strategist has said.