Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Tom Hiddleston can count the royals among his legions of fans - as the Duchess of Cornwall revealed they were "gripped" by The Night Manager
MPs say the results show that Jeremy Corbyn's brand of socialism isn't working - but he has done well enough to stave off a coup.
Journalists hoping to see a once-in-a-generation 'coronation' of leader Kim Jong Un were instead taken on a factory tour.