Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Junior doctors could have a case to take the NHS to tribunal over new contracts being imposed upon them, an employment lawyer has warned.
Sunderland will not include winger Adam Johnson in their squad for their home game against Manchester United.
Lots of sunshine with the clear skies, but expect low temperatures