Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
The CQC said that as of February 28, 43% were found not to be providing "safe" care in accordance to the relevant regulations.
A decade ago there was a willingness to cut an up-and-coming China some slack. Now the size its economy is such that the US feels unsettled.
Some 50 million Facebook users are alleged to have had their personal details harvested by Cambridge Analytica.