Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
The Duke of Cambridge has condemned the "violent and apparently targeted murder" of the head of a wildlife conservation foundation.
Experts are warning that millions of middle-aged people are putting their health at risk due to a severe lack of exercise.
Teenagers across Wales, Northern Ireland and England are to get their results, with much of the focus on the effect of reforms in England.