Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Delivery company Deliveroo insists the majority of its riders are happy, as an ITV News investigation reveals the hardship of life for many.
Bavaria is set to roll out a ban of the full-face veil in a number of public places, including schools and universities.
A man who used a pickaxe and sledgehammer to ruin Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star has avoided jail.