Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
A cool, largely clear night across the UK.
Two ducklings trapped in a sewer were rescued when quick-thinking workers coaxed them back using an iPad recording of their mother's quack.
Gregory Maxwell and Brian Atkins joked they were taking their Australian victim on a 'bush tucker trial' before dumping him beside a road.