Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
There will be outbreaks of rain in central parts of the UK, while the rest of the country will remain dry.
A heartwarming photo of a five-month-old gorilla meeting a two-year-old girl is taking Facebook by storm.
One Direction star Niall Horan has taken to Twitter to condemn a group of "fans" sending him abusive messages about his family.