Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
This was despite more than a fifth experiencing delays of more than three hours, a Which? survey revealed.
Michael Haines said he wanted to continue his brother's legacy so he would be remembered for his good work rather than his death.
Tomorrow should be a bit quieter in most places, with lighter winds and some lovely winter sunshine.