Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
After being sentenced for the manslaughter of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp Oscar Pistorius is spending his first night in prison.
ITV News sees first hand the terrible cost of the Ebola virus - not just to those killed, but to those who are left behind.
After winning the Italian version of The Voice Sister Cristina has released her first single, a cover of one of Madonna's best known hits.