Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Garments belonging to a 'large man' and other personal belongings were found abandoned on Eastney seafront in Hampshire.
The footballer said he was "one of the lucky ones" and was never aware of historical child sex abuse.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel says she supports a nationwide burqa ban in Germany.