Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
The team of best friends took on the 'world's toughest rowing race' in memory of one of their brothers.
Drivers are being warned of hazardous conditions as the big freeze continues to bring disruption to roads and airports.
The president will continue to fight the 'constant hostility' from the press, one of Trump's closest advisers has told ITV News.