Last July, the decision was taken to close three of the 10 specialist child heart surgery units in England in a move to streamline paediatric heart services.
Leeds General Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester, and the Royal Brompton in Chelsea, west London were earmarked for closure
The seven hospitals where it was decided surgery on children would continue were:
- Great Ormond Street in London
- Evelina Children's Hospital in London
- Freeman Hospital in Newcastle
- Birmingham's Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool
- Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol
- Southampton General Hospital
More top news
Angelina Jolie has spoken of how a war hero and Olympic athlete inspired her to embrace challenges at the UK premiere of her latest film.
As the government pushes for a cap on EU migrants, one businessman has called it 'nonsense'. So what happens if reform is not possible?
Professional wakeboarder Jorge Gill has released a video of him being towed by a Ferrari F50 along a river in Lincolnshire.