- A quarter of Brits (24%) are now travel abroad without insurance.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) young people admit to taking part in more adventurous behaviour on holiday - yet fewer than half (45%) check that their insurance covers risky pursuits.
- 16% mistakenly believe that travel insurance is unnecessary as the UK Government will pay for their treatment if they become ill abroad.
- 17% (and a third of 15-24 year olds) wrongly assume that when travelling in Europe, they dont need insurance because they have a European Health Insurance Card.
- Almost half of Brits (47%) mistakenly believe it would cost £5,000 or less to treat a broken leg in the USA despite the actual figure being more than eight times than that.
More top news
Wilkins, who played for Chelsea and Manchester United, was arrested on July 1 near Heathrow Airport and and charged with drink-driving.
The take-away owner simply paid no attention to the masked gunman and went on with making food for his customers.
Ramona Marquez, Daniel Roche and Tyger Drew-Honey, who starred alongside Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner, have been pictured together again.