- A quarter of Brits (24%) are now travel abroad without insurance.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) young people admit to taking part in more adventurous behaviour on holiday - yet fewer than half (45%) check that their insurance covers risky pursuits.
- 16% mistakenly believe that travel insurance is unnecessary as the UK Government will pay for their treatment if they become ill abroad.
- 17% (and a third of 15-24 year olds) wrongly assume that when travelling in Europe, they dont need insurance because they have a European Health Insurance Card.
- Almost half of Brits (47%) mistakenly believe it would cost £5,000 or less to treat a broken leg in the USA despite the actual figure being more than eight times than that.
More top news
Scarlett Moffatt has been crowned Queen of the Jungle in this year's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
Emily Middlemas has been kicked out in the X Factor semi-finals - leaving 5 After Midnight, Saara Aalto and Matt Terry through to the finals
Prince Harry has visited a children's home founded by the controversial religious sect known as the Moonies during his tour of the Caribbean