- A quarter of Brits (24%) are now travel abroad without insurance.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) young people admit to taking part in more adventurous behaviour on holiday - yet fewer than half (45%) check that their insurance covers risky pursuits.
- 16% mistakenly believe that travel insurance is unnecessary as the UK Government will pay for their treatment if they become ill abroad.
- 17% (and a third of 15-24 year olds) wrongly assume that when travelling in Europe, they dont need insurance because they have a European Health Insurance Card.
- Almost half of Brits (47%) mistakenly believe it would cost £5,000 or less to treat a broken leg in the USA despite the actual figure being more than eight times than that.
More top news
Butterflies and nerves of steel were behind the images shared and seen by millions across the globe.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex thanked everyone who took part in the celebrations on Saturday, Kensington Palace said.
Established in 1913, the flower show has become one of the world’s biggest showcases for horticultural excellence.