- A quarter of Brits (24%) are now travel abroad without insurance.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) young people admit to taking part in more adventurous behaviour on holiday - yet fewer than half (45%) check that their insurance covers risky pursuits.
- 16% mistakenly believe that travel insurance is unnecessary as the UK Government will pay for their treatment if they become ill abroad.
- 17% (and a third of 15-24 year olds) wrongly assume that when travelling in Europe, they dont need insurance because they have a European Health Insurance Card.
- Almost half of Brits (47%) mistakenly believe it would cost £5,000 or less to treat a broken leg in the USA despite the actual figure being more than eight times than that.
More top news
A freezing, frosty night for some of us, milder for others
Researchers are developing vaccines for new, emerging and unknown diseases before they cause global health emergencies.
Barack Obama urged Donald Trump to "go forward with his vision and his values", as he warned of "complexities" in office.