- A quarter of Brits (24%) are now travel abroad without insurance.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) young people admit to taking part in more adventurous behaviour on holiday - yet fewer than half (45%) check that their insurance covers risky pursuits.
- 16% mistakenly believe that travel insurance is unnecessary as the UK Government will pay for their treatment if they become ill abroad.
- 17% (and a third of 15-24 year olds) wrongly assume that when travelling in Europe, they dont need insurance because they have a European Health Insurance Card.
- Almost half of Brits (47%) mistakenly believe it would cost £5,000 or less to treat a broken leg in the USA despite the actual figure being more than eight times than that.
More top news
Rohey Hydara said that she "condemns" her husband's actions, almost a week after he killed four people.
The supermarket chain agreed to pay the hefty sum following a false accounting scandal which saw it overestimate profits in 2014.
The female runner almost collapsed towards the end of a half-marathon - but still completed the race with a helping hand or two.