- A quarter of Brits (24%) are now travel abroad without insurance.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) young people admit to taking part in more adventurous behaviour on holiday - yet fewer than half (45%) check that their insurance covers risky pursuits.
- 16% mistakenly believe that travel insurance is unnecessary as the UK Government will pay for their treatment if they become ill abroad.
- 17% (and a third of 15-24 year olds) wrongly assume that when travelling in Europe, they dont need insurance because they have a European Health Insurance Card.
- Almost half of Brits (47%) mistakenly believe it would cost £5,000 or less to treat a broken leg in the USA despite the actual figure being more than eight times than that.
More top news
The al-Bakrs were devastated after Israeli airstrikes killed four boys in their family, they are now waiting for news from the boat tragedy.
Zalkalns was jailed in his native Latvia for eight years in 1988 after he admitted killing his wife with a piece of electrical equipment.
The family of a woman who died in a queue of ambulances outside hospital are demanding action so that this doesn't happen again.