- A quarter of Brits (24%) are now travel abroad without insurance.
- 4 out of 5 (82%) young people admit to taking part in more adventurous behaviour on holiday - yet fewer than half (45%) check that their insurance covers risky pursuits.
- 16% mistakenly believe that travel insurance is unnecessary as the UK Government will pay for their treatment if they become ill abroad.
- 17% (and a third of 15-24 year olds) wrongly assume that when travelling in Europe, they dont need insurance because they have a European Health Insurance Card.
- Almost half of Brits (47%) mistakenly believe it would cost £5,000 or less to treat a broken leg in the USA despite the actual figure being more than eight times than that.
More top news
Fire services are spending thousands on the 25-stone models - nicknamed 'Barry' - to learn how to handle larger patients.
Ahmed Hassan, 18, has been charged with attempted murder and causing an explosion with intent to endanger life.
A growing number of rank and file officers say they support being routinely armed while on duty in the wake of terror attacks.