- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
The owner was arrested after two police officers fell ill from the fake cannabis, known as Mr Nice Guy, Israeli media reported.
Thomas Cook chief executive Harriet Green is reportedly due to receive a personal bonus of £10.5m.
Some bright conditions this evening as the rain moves away followed by a mostly dry but cloudy day tomorrow.