- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Sadiq Khan has said that his prospects of being elected London mayor could be damaged by the party's poor handling of racism accusations.
US President talks about meeting Royal toddler in his last address at the annual White House correspondents' dinner.
Clocks will go forward 30 minutes so there is half an hour more daylight in the evening when energy consumption peaks.