- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Police say that anyone who sees Whitehouse should not approach him, but instead call them on 999 and quote incident 23 of 18 February.
A cloudy day for most, with mist and murk, along with some outbreaks of rain, slowly spreading across western parts of the UK.
Wet weather to end the weekend.