- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
The advertising watchdog has ruled the "beach body ready" campaign was not offensive or socially irresponsible.
Britain is set for the hottest day of the year today, with temperatures forecast to hit up to 34C (93F).
The Airports Commission is to publish its report and recommendations on whether an extra runway should be built at Gatwick or Heathrow.