- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
A Labour MP has angered Ed Miliband after she tweeted a picture of a house draped with England flags with the words "Image from Rochester."
Speaking exclusively to ITV News, the man said he wanted to be able to return to the UK without the threat of prosecution.
A rather cloudy night is in store across the UK, with showers coming in off the North Sea coast.