- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Uber has been branded a "disgrace" by shadow chancellor John McDonnell after the firm lost its licence to operate in London.
Angela Merkel is shaping up to win a fourth term as German chancellor - extending her 12-year stay at the top of the Bundestag.
Cambridge once again beat rival Oxford in the Good University Guide league table while Lancaster was named university of the year