- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Former England rugby captain Will Carling has played down his country's hopes of success at the 2015 World Cup.
The tin needed for a Mary Berry dish and the rules of mouse racing were among questions council call centres dealt with in the past year.
Scientists believe they have invented an ice cream that will melt slower in the sun.