- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Climate change is a pressing issue for Tonga, but has it had the attention it deserves at the Commonwealth summit?
With temperatures peaking at 29C today, it is the hottest April day for nearly 70 years.
Russian trolls are behind a disinformation campaign about chemical weapons attacks in Syria and Salisbury, a government source has said.