- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
A possible ninth planet at the edge of the solar system could be the reason behind one of the biggest mysteries in astronomy.
Philip Thomas was a 10-year-old pupil at Pantglas Junior School in Aberfan when a coal tip collapsed and slid downhill.
The chief executive's resignation comes amid controversy about allegations of doping in cycling.