- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Conservationists say one of the UK's most threatened butterflies has recorded its best year for a decade following 2014's warm spring.
The SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon says tonight's TV election debate shows there is a clear demand for a new style of politics across the UK.
A drug addict whose sickening attack on a disabled pensioner caused outrage around the world will be sentenced later.