- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Temperatures tumbling again tonight with a widespread sharp frost and lows of -5C or -6C and icy spots in places
Search teams were again looking for missing airman Corrie McKeague - this time joined by cadaver dogs trained to seek out human remains.
Donald Trump has dismissed pictures showing a smaller turnout to his inauguration compared to Barack Obama's in 2009.