- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Social media is buzzing with rumours about the X-files star becoming the next 007.
As the EU referendum approaches, ITV News will visit all four nations to see which issues are uppermost in voters' minds.
It is reported that 100 investigators entered the US internet giant's office at dawn as Google stands accused of 'aggravated tax fraud'.