- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
The former BBC journalist will also present a new political programme 'Peston on Sunday'.
Patients needing orthopaedic surgery in Wales will be asked to lose weight and give up smoking as NHS struggles to cope with waiting lists.
Heavy showery rain will continue to push northeastwards across the north of Britain during the rest of today.