- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Over the next 24 hours we are going to see snow and ice across many parts, although it is looking calmer from Sunday onwards.
A young grey seal found in a farmer's field on Monday is making progress say RSPCA staff. He's thought to have a head injury.
The UK economy, boosted by the inclusion of the sex and drugs industry in the calculations, is now the world's fifth largest, but only just.