- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Ex-football manager Harry Redknapp told undercover reporters his own players bet on the result of one of their own matches, it is claimed.
A soaking then sunshine this weekend
As Hungary prepares to vote in a referendum on the EU's resettlement of refugees, thousands of migrants remain in limbo on the border.