- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
The Post Office's abandoned underground railway opens its doors on Friday some 14 years after the last letter was transported through it.
Drinking alcohol most days of the week can significantly protect against developing diabetes, a study has found.
Philip Hammond wants to maintain full access to the European single market and customs union in a transitional Brexit deal, say reports.