- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Unusually windy for the time of year with gales and big waves battering western coastlines.
Airbus have filed a patent for a supersonic aircraft that could travel from London to New York in an hour.
Natalie Sharp and Christine Bicknell appeared in court over an alleged incident at a Lidl superstore in Wallington, south London.