- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
UN war crime investigators said thousands of detainees have been killed over the past four and a half years while held in the civil war.
David Cameron announced a raft of initiatives, including increasing the power of prison governors and publishing prison league tables.
Asked whether Mr Gove could back a British exit from the EU, David Cameron refused to answer.