- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
The mother of one of the Manchester attack victims has told of the distressing moment she found her daughter being treated after the attack.
Marjorie and Michael Cawdery, both 83, are understood to have been stabbed to death in a killing their family called "incomprehensible".
Detectives have launched a murder investigation following the shooting in Brent, north west London on Friday night.