- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
A man has been killed by thieves who ran him over in his own car after he confronted them outside his home, police said.
One London Marathon runner who helped an exhausted competitor said it was "worth it" to help his rival.
The Irish Coast Guard helicopter went down into the Atlantic last month.