- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
The people behind the moving tribute marking 100 years since the Battle of the Somme were unknown - until now.
Gunmen have stormed a restaurant in Dhaka, Bangladesh, taking a number of hostages and opening fire at police. Here's what we know.
Wales came from behind to make history as a 3-1 win propelled them into the last four of a major football tournament for the first time.