- Proposals include a levy on visa charges of around £200 for any students or foreign workers who come to the UK for more than six months.
- Free access to GPs for tourists and those staying for less than half a year could also be curbed.
- Expatriates who live outside Europe would be expected to contribute.
- However, expatriates who have made up to 10 years National Insurance contributions would still receive NHS care.
- Nobody will be denied treatment regardless of their nationality.
More top news
Syrian government forces are continuing a push for total control of Aleppo, while a reported 20,000 civilians left the city on Saturday.
Rex Tillerson is president of Exxon Mobil and has close business links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Largely dry tomorrow with some sunshine in the south