Cooker produced 'massive amounts' of carbon monoxide

Denise Branton, whose son died aged 32 from carbon monoxide poisoning, believes that when such incidents happen possible causes should be reported as soon as possible - and not wait until an inquest.

Advertisement

Faulty goods untraced by recall

Britain's senior fire officers have told ITV's Tonight programme that an unprecedented number of faulty electrical goods remain in people's homes, as manufacturers' safety alerts fail to trace them.