Peter Dartford, from the Chief Fire Officers' Association, said he is "very concerned about the number of faulty products in people's homes."
"It is the manufacturers who have created these risks and it is their moral and legal responsibility to ensure the risks are eradicated," he added.
Denise Branton is the mother of Kevin Branton who died aged 32 from carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty cooker which had been recalled.
Here are the products affected by the 'unprecedented' safety recall and what action you should take.
They say an "unprecedented" number of faulty electrical goods remain in people's homes, as manufacturers' safety alerts fail to trace them.