A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
Despite overcast weather a large crowd joined veterans and gathered around Dunkirk's memorial square to pay their respects.
A German 65-year-old teacher from Berlin has given birth to quadruplets after a pregnancy that was widely criticised because of her age.
Although there are bright skies for many as we start the bank holiday, more central, eastern and south eastern regions will be cloudy.