A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
After flooding and thunderstorms, a quieter night ahead
Boris Johnson announces funds for troubled country in a bid to stop an influx of illegal migrants and terrorists taking advantage of chaos.
The former US Presidential candidate says her "skin crawled" during her infamous second TV debate with Donald Trump in a new memoir.