A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
The Labour leader has called the Norwich South MP's remark "completely unacceptable" and says Clive Lewis has personally apologised to him.
Jamie Harron, was arrested in July over the incident in which he said he put his hand on a man's hip to avoid spilling a drink in a bar.
An English woman has died and four other people have been injured in a boat accident on the River Rhone in southern France.