A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
Ted Robbins is "doing well" and is expected to be "fit and healthy soon" after collapsing on-stage during Phoenix Nights Live, his wife said
Doctors in India have carried out what is believed to be the world's first double hand transplant to be performed on a non-white patient.
Prince George is not only heir to Britain's throne, but a future long distance runner too, if his uncle has anything to do with it.