A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
The pilot of the missing MH370 plane plotted a course to the southern Indian Ocean on a home flight simulator, investigators have said.
Joe Campbell said he wanted to adopt Kiran Sheikh but was told he couldn't because he wasn't married.
Annual rail figures reveal the most overcrowded service in spring/autumn 2015, was an early morning train from Brighton to Bedford.