A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
John Barnes would like to work again as a football manager, but is being hindered due to the colour of his skin.
Katie Hopkins has been reported to police after being accused of inciting racial hatred in Rochdale.
Some in Number 10 will be cheered by latest ComRes poll which puts the Tories four points ahead but Leaders' debate is still important.