A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
The AA found 29% of young drivers admitted to drinking and driving the following morning even if they thought they could be over the limit.
Metal girders fell down and the roof collapsed onto worshippers during a service, witnesses said.
The tanker slammed into other vehicles and burst into flames on a major road leading from the capital Nairobi.