A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
Investigations into two MPs on both sides of the House are set to conclude - and both are proving tricky for their party leaders.
A trade union representative said the strike would either disrupt flights or generate substantial costs for the airline.
Joanne Adam needed a new liver, bowel, pancreas, and stomach, including her small and large intestine, after a rare tumour was discovered.