A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
Known as 'spice' and 'black mamba', the so-called legal high is suspected of contributing to deaths in male and female institutions.
Prince Harry will launch the countdown to the 2017 Invictus Games in Canada - as he gears up for the this year's event in Florida.
The government has announced plans to ensure staff receive tips left by customers in bars and restaurants.