A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
High-flyer who oversaw voting process is named as the man responsible for the epic mix-up over the Best Picture winner at awards.
Over two million people who have taken out landline-only contracts with the telecoms giant could see bills slashed by "at least £5 a month".
Malaysia says the women will face a death sentence if convicted of carrying out the murder using a deadly nerve agent.