A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
It is the fifth publicly known guilty plea in the probe into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the election.
Louella Eve Fletcher-Michie, daughter of Holby City actor John Mitchie, died last year at the Bestival music festival in Dorset.
Dry with dropping temperatures