A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
Immortalised in the film Zulu, the Battle of Rorke's Drift is an iconic episode of British military history.
Fans and friends of Joe Cocker paid tribute to the Sheffield-born star's long career and his passionate, distinctive voice.
It's going to be turning colder for everyone over the next few days with a band of rain moving southwards across the UK.