A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
The group's deputy war minister and military commander were targeted in the June 25 strike, US officials said.
The two-year-old girl has become the youngest patient to benefit from a new technique to preserve the fertility of young cancer patients.
More than 50 firefighters were called in the early hours of this morning after a car ploughed through a shop window and burst into flames.