A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
A teenage boy is being questioned over the attack on a child in a park in Manchester.
Police have released CCTV in a bid to catch the thieves who raided a children's play centre, taking money from collection boxes and a till.
A hedgehog, a parrot, and a dozen dogs are among the pets needing new accommodation after the evacuation of the Chalcots estate.