A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
There will be sunny spells for many but heavy showers will spread across the UK in the afternoon.
Children's Commissioner review found 28% of children in need of support were sent away because their illness was not deemed serious enough.
The former prime minister suggested a Jeremy Corbyn government would be a 'very dangerous experiment'.