A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
The Democratic presidential told reporters: 'Anyone who complains about the microphone is not having a good night.'
A young girl made a tearful plea at a Charlotte City Council meeting in the US following the shooting of a black man by a police officer.
Jeremy Corbyn has insisted his policies will persuade enough people to vote Labour at the next election to return the party to power.