A study of 86,000 British homes by the Energy Saving Trust Foundation found the following:
- Hot water use contributes £228 to the average annual combined energy bill
- Britons shower 4.4 times a week and take 1.3 baths on average
- The average shower lasts 7.5 minutes. Cutting a minute off that time could save households £215 million each year.
- Just over a fifth of household water is used by kitchen appliances such as dishwashers, kettles, taps and washing machines
- 95% of people boil the kettle every day while 75% of people overfill
(Energy Saving Trust Foundation)
More top news
Three Court of Appeal judges are analysing the latest stage of a life-support treatment dispute.
Ms Markle joined Harry and William at services in London to honour the fallen.
Thunder and hail at times across the UK. Showers becoming confined to the northwest overnight.