- May 2010: Coalition formed including a large number of Eurosceptic Conservative MPs
- 3 May: Eurosceptic UKIP win more than 140 council seats at the local elections, taking many from the Conservatives.
- 8 May: There is no mention of a referendum in the Queen's Speech, angering some Conservative MPs.
- 14 May: Conservatives publish draft bill calling for a referndum to be held before the end of 2017
- 16 May: 114 Tory MPs rebel by voting in favour of an amendment to the Queen's Speech
- 5 July: Private members' bill brought by Tory MP James Wharton to get second reading in Commons
More top news
The 24-year-old's music has notched up more than three billion plays and more than 59 million listeners since the service started in 2008.
Blustery, wet and wintry across Scotland today - the sleet and hill snow turning back to rain.
A van driver was caught on camera swerving and weaving across three lanes of a motorway during a high speed police chase.