- May 2010: Coalition formed including a large number of Eurosceptic Conservative MPs
- 3 May: Eurosceptic UKIP win more than 140 council seats at the local elections, taking many from the Conservatives.
- 8 May: There is no mention of a referendum in the Queen's Speech, angering some Conservative MPs.
- 14 May: Conservatives publish draft bill calling for a referndum to be held before the end of 2017
- 16 May: 114 Tory MPs rebel by voting in favour of an amendment to the Queen's Speech
- 5 July: Private members' bill brought by Tory MP James Wharton to get second reading in Commons
More top news
Rohey Hydara said that she "condemns" her husband's actions, almost a week after he killed four people.
The supermarket chain agreed to pay the hefty sum following a false accounting scandal which saw it overestimate profits in 2014.
The female runner almost collapsed towards the end of a half-marathon - but still completed the race with a helping hand or two.