- May 2010: Coalition formed including a large number of Eurosceptic Conservative MPs
- 3 May: Eurosceptic UKIP win more than 140 council seats at the local elections, taking many from the Conservatives.
- 8 May: There is no mention of a referendum in the Queen's Speech, angering some Conservative MPs.
- 14 May: Conservatives publish draft bill calling for a referndum to be held before the end of 2017
- 16 May: 114 Tory MPs rebel by voting in favour of an amendment to the Queen's Speech
- 5 July: Private members' bill brought by Tory MP James Wharton to get second reading in Commons
More top news
Gina Miller, the woman behind the Brexit legal challenge, said a motion passed by parliament on the issue is a 'red herring'.
The AA found 29% of young drivers admitted to drinking and driving the following morning even if they thought they could be over the limit.
Metal girders fell down and the roof collapsed onto worshippers during a service, witnesses said.