- May 2010: Coalition formed including a large number of Eurosceptic Conservative MPs
- 3 May: Eurosceptic UKIP win more than 140 council seats at the local elections, taking many from the Conservatives.
- 8 May: There is no mention of a referendum in the Queen's Speech, angering some Conservative MPs.
- 14 May: Conservatives publish draft bill calling for a referndum to be held before the end of 2017
- 16 May: 114 Tory MPs rebel by voting in favour of an amendment to the Queen's Speech
- 5 July: Private members' bill brought by Tory MP James Wharton to get second reading in Commons
More top news
War veteran Paul Royle died at a Perth hospital on Sunday following surgery on a hip fracture.
So-called Corbynmania has officially reached ridiculous new heights - someone has bought a paper coffee cup used by Jeremy Corbyn for £51.
The day will get off to a bright but chilly start, with a few mist patches in rural areas. Showers will spread inland throughout the day.