- 2007: Returns to UK from tour of duty in Iraq.
- October 2009: Suffers brain injury during an endurance marathon in Brazil.
- September 2011: Civilian police discover the pistol and ammunition in Nightingale's rented home after a tip-off. He allegedly tells police that the gun was a "trophy" from Iraq, although he later contests this account.
- November 2012: Pleads guilty to gun offences and is ordered to serve 18 month in military detention. The Court of Appeal later reduces and suspends his sentence.
- March 2013: Original conviction overturned by Court of Appeal
- July 2013: Convicted of the original offences by a fresh court martial
More top news
Across all of the Help to Buy schemes, 185,000 homes were brought, including 150,000 properties to first time buyers.
An Ipsos MORI poll, commissioned by the League Against Cruel Sports (LACS), found 84% of the public do not want a return to fox hunting.
As Birmingham bids for the Commonwealth Games, we have been looking at sporting venues in the city which could be involved in the event.