Sir Bruce Keogh has also set out a vision for where the NHS can get to within two years, as his report into high death rates at 14 hospital trusts is published.
- Making demonstrable progress to reducing avoidable deaths in hospitals.
- Patients and clinicians will have confidence in the quality of assessments made by the CQC, not least because they will have been active participants in inspections.
- No hospital will be an island – professional, academic and managerial isolation will be a thing of the past.
- Nurse staffing levels and skill mix will appropriately reflect the caseload and the severity of illness of the patients they are caring for and be transparently reported by Trust boards.
- Patients will not just feel like they have been listened to but will be able to see how their feedback is impacting on their own care and the care of others.