Charles Saatchi and Nigella Lawson confirmed they would not make any financial claims against the other, ruling out prolonged legal arguments.
Earlier this year Saatchi accepted a police caution for assault after photographs emerged appearing to show him holding his wife by the throat.
Saatchi later told the Mail on Sunday the pictures gave a "wholly different and incorrect implication".
But he also told the newspaper: "I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way."
More top news
Today will remain cloudy with rain pushing northwards through most parts of the UK.
The Prime Minister has said who he'll be rooting for in the final of the baking contest on Wednesday.
Two Air France directors had the shirts ripped off their backs by angry employees after the company announced loss of 2900 jobs.