The Times (£) newspaper is reporting the 102 companies found to have commissioned rogue private investigators include:
- 22 law firms
- Ten insurance businesses
- Eight financial services companies
- Four management consultancies
- Four food services companies
- A car rental business
- An accountancy business
- Clients from the chemical and construction industries
- Nine personal clients
- Two celebrities
- 16 other private detectives
More top news
Landlords have been warned they could face up to five years in prison if they fail to remove illegal immigrants from properties.
A picture of Cecil the lion - the animal killed by an American dentist in Zimbabwe - has been projected on to the Empire State Building.
A man, believed to be in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene after apparently suffering a heart attack.