The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
With the first aid supplies reaching Nepal, the relief effort in the country has begun following the devastating earthquake.
David Cameron is to put working people "front and centre" of his economic plan our economic plan" if the Conservatives win the election.
Nearly 38,000 runners will hope to complete Sunday's London Marathon making it the biggest event in its 35-year history.