The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
Baroness Warsi had previously warned the 'divisive and xenophobic' EU referendum had spurred a surge in racist abuse.
Scattered showers in the north-west, elsewhere mostly dry and bright.
As Labour's turmoil continues and the Tories deal with the fallout of Brexit, the Lib Dems think they have something to offer voters.