The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
Wednesday unsavoury incident involving Jonny Evans and Papiss Cisse is the latest in a long line of gob-related football controversy
Middle managers dubbed 'the permafrost' have been blamed for keeping female intelligent agents down. They have been urged to change.
Holidaymakers are set to be banned from drinking on the streets of Magaluf this summer.