The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
A very unsettled start to the new week with heavy, thundery, occasionally wintry showers spreading in from the west throughout the day.
It had been reported that four domain names which appeared to support Clive Lewis for Labour leader were registered in June last year.
The EU flag symbolises unity between European countries.