The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
A slow start for most of us tomorrow with dribs and drabs of rain leaving some of us with a soggy journey into work.
If you're worried your online social circle is thinning out, a new browser extension will let you know who cut you loose online.
The Russian government has launched a campaign urging people to take safer selfies after after high-risk poses resulted in dozens of deaths.