The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
Stars have vented their frustration over Sony's decision, with Rob Lowe comparing it to Neville Chamberlain caving in to Hitler.
Derby was unable to play with other dogs after being born with severely deformed front legs - but can now run freely.
The judge said the 14-year-old had been subject to a great injustice. He was executed for the murder of two little girls in 1944.