The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
Senior lawyer Elizabeth Prochaska has left her position as junior counsel.
A look at some of the signs and behaviour that could suggest your child may be involved in a gang.
Drug gangs are exploiting large numbers of children and pushing them onto the frontline of the UK’s class A drugs trade, ITV News reveals.