The councils in England with the largest surpluses - before costs - in 2011/12 were:
- Westminster - £41.6 million
- Kensington and Chelsea - £28.1 million
- Camden (north London) - £25 million
- Hammersmith and Fulham (west London) - £19.5 million
- Wandsworth (south west London) - £16.1 million
- Brighton and Hove - £14.4 million
- Islington (north London) - £10.9 million
- Cornwall - £7.9 million
- Newham (east London) - £7.3 million
- Hounslow (west London) - £7.3 million
More top news
Conte wants Van Dijk and Alex Sandro at Chelsea with Sanchez angling for City move
There were six fatal police shootings in England and Wales in 2016/17 - the highest number recorded since 2004/05, figures show.
Consumers have been warned of the potential cyber threat from household devices like fridges and TVs that connect to the internet.