Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
There is concern that the lack of clean water could add mean more people fall victim to the worst recorded cholera outbreak in history.
Tobias Ellwood is reportedly prepared to resign if the Government impose cuts on the Army which would see it lose 12,000 soldiers.
A towing vehicle has hit a passenger plane at Glasgow Airport after sliding on ice. The British Airways plane was preparing for take-off.