Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
After a global IT crash caused chaos, BA says it aims to run a "near normal schedule" at Gatwick and the "majority of services" at Heathrow.
Georgina Callander's family said the government must "opens its eyes" in the wake of the attack.
Thunderstorms affect many throughout the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend.