Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Gregory Maxwell and Brian Atkins joked they were taking their Australian victim on a 'bush tucker trial' before dumping him beside a road.
A sister who donated her late brother's face to a man who suffered a life-threatening, disfiguring injury has met him for the first time.
After a wet start for many, a frontal system continues to clear eastwards leaving showers across the UK