Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Any early mist and fog patches will soon clear to give another fine, dry and sunny day across many parts.
Vaping from electronic cigarettes could be as bad for the heart as smoking the real thing, scientists have warned.
The EU could order Apple to pay billions of euros in back taxes following claims it received preferential treatment from Ireland.