Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Torture is so routine in Nigeria that some police stations appoint an 'officer in charge of torture' according to Amnesty International UK.
A female motorcyclist who hates litter bugs seems to have taken drastic action to make people stop dropping rubbish on the streets in Russia
ITV News can reveal how many hospital trusts are being forced to recruit from abroad as they struggle to staff their wards.