Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
The mother of a missing RAF serviceman has hired a private investigator to help search for her son after raising thousands of pounds.
Dozens of potential suspects have been identified in connection with historical child sexual abuse allegations in football, police say.
Kirk Douglas, star of film classic Spartacus and one of Hollywood's last surviving Golden Age actors, has turned 100.