Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Teachers at a school in Northamptonshire made a unique farewell gift for their Year 11 leavers.
The advertising watchdog has ruled the "beach body ready" campaign was not offensive or socially irresponsible.
Britain is set for the hottest day of the year today, with temperatures forecast to hit up to 34C (93F).