Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Ukip and Vote.Leave have both backed Grassroots Out to become the main eurosceptic campaign for EU referendum.
Liverpool supporters groups have told ITV News they will target club sponsors next in the ongoing row over ticket prices.
David Cameron's aunt urges her nephew to provide funds to keep children's centres in his constituency open in an interview with ITV News.