Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
A spokeswoman for Glasgow City Council said a weapon had been discharged outside St George's Primary School in Penilee.
Theresa May will not announce the UK will leave the customs union until Philip Hammond is on board - and that is not certain.
A guide to Donald Trump's presidential inauguration and the key events that will be happening.