Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Mosquitos likely infected three men and a woman within a square mile of Miami, according to Florida's Governor.
The brother of Victoria Wood has launched an appeal to raise £20,000 for a statue in the late comedian's honour.
Health professionals say that 16 people have been struck by the same strain as E.coli after eating blue cheese.