Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
A police officer has suffered potentially life threatening injuries after being assaulted in Doncaster.
Eight cases of fraud and four possible thefts are being investigated, Scotland Yard said.
The US president is set to call on leaders to rally together in the face of threats from North Korea and Iran at the UN General Assembly.