Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Prime Minister insists the UK will maintain a strong relationship with Europe especially on trade and security, even after it leaves the EU.
Cloudy, with outbreaks of rain spreading northeast across the UK, however northern Scotland remaining largely dry until later.
The five-year-old was bitten on the face and had to undergo surgery to her eyelid after the dog attacked her at an event in West Yorkshire.