Thousands of people remain on the waiting list, with around three a day dying while waiting for an organ, according to NHS Blood and Transplant.
- At the end of March, there were 7,332 patients waiting for a transplant.
- A further 3,030 temporarily suspended from transplant lists for reasons including being too ill to undergo an operation.
- 466 patients died while on the active waiting list for a transplant.
- Although the vast majority of living organ donors gave a kidney, 33 donated part of their liver, the report said.
- The number of corneas donated in 2012/13 was 6,390 - a 9 percent rise on last year.
- More than four out of 10 families approached about organ donation last year refused to donate.
More top news
Astronaut who became an internet sensation after posting a video of himself performing a David Bowie classic in space releases album.
Ancient African DNA sequenced for the first time has revealed a huge wave of migration from Eurasia 3,000 years ago.
Pauline Cafferkey, who contracted Ebola whilst working in West Africa last year, has been flown to the Royal Free Hospital in London.