The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
Firefighters rescued 42 people after they became stranded in the Asda supermarket in Kilmarnock by heavy flooding.
Farmer Gareth Wyn Jones is hoping for a festive online hit with footage of sheepdog Cap rounding up sheep.
For one young Australian, Santa Claus brought the greatest present of all this Christmas - the gift of life.