The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
Wintry weather into the weekend
Jeremy Hunt could impose controversial new contracts for junior doctors by Monday, ITV News Political Editor Robert Peston has learned.
A new video has emerged online purporting to show a four-year-old British boy blowing up a car and killing three prisoners on behalf of IS.