The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
The British Embassy driver kept the engine running as the worsening relations with Russia stepped up a gear here in Moscow.
The heavily pregnant Duchess of Cambridge refused to be put off by bitterly cold winds and snow as she greeted Irish Guards members.
Celebrations are taking place across Northern Ireland to mark St Patrick’s Day.