The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
A six-year-old boy playing with a gun fatally shot his younger brother, 4, in the head, authorities said.
A band of rain will approach from the west today and threatens to be heavy at times.
Drugs mule Melissa Reid was caught smuggling £1.5 million of cocaine out of Peru so she could "boast about it" to friends in Ibiza.