The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
Nick Clegg has sent a campaign leaflet to his constituents with no Liberal Democrat logo and minimal mention of the party.
Rain continues to move eastwards in the south tonight, the north, frosty with the clear skies.
Daily Dose, a short summary of the day's election campaign stories.