The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
Britons have been warned to expect plunging temperatures and wet weather as remnants of Hurricane Joaquin hit.
George Osborne has recruited former Labour minister Lord Adonis to spearhead efforts to get Britain building again.
More than 20 people are feared injured after a British millionaire crashed his supercar into a crowd at a motor show in Malta.