The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
Mamoudou Gassama, 22, will be honoured for his bravery by French president Emmanuel Macron
Male doctors are paid over £10,000 more than their female counterparts.
Ivan Duque and Gustavo Petro represent opposite ends of Colombia’s political spectrum.