The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
Footage of a gun battle between Peruvian authorities and suspected drugs traffickers in which a plane was shot down has been released.
Orlando Bloom has visited children whose school was destroyed by shellfire during the conflict in Ukraine.
Jeremy Corbyn has launched a fresh attack on "ideological" Conservative cuts ahead of Thursday's elections.