The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
The military had hoped for a smooth transition from the old leader, but Mugabe looks like he means to stay put.
Self-driving cars could be tested on UK roads as early as 2021 under plans to be unveiled by Chancellor Philip Hammond.
The Prince of Wales visited areas recovering from Hurricane Irma, which battered the British Virgin Islands in September.