The UNHCR has issued a fresh warning about the Syria refugee crisis as their number passes the two million mark. There are now more displaced Syrians in the world than any other nationality.
- 2 million refugees have crossed the border
- 4.25 million have been displaced within Syria
- 700,000 have fled to Lebanon, where they account for 1 in every seven people
- Most of the others are in Jordan, Turkey or Iraq
- Only 3 percent have fled further afield
More top news
Here is the letter sent by the broadcasters to Prime Minister David Cameron's office in relation to the planned TV leaders debates.
Machete-wielding armed robbers tied up staff and customers of a north Manchester pub during a terrifying raid.
The South African Salvation Army has used a picture of a dress that sent the web into meltdown to raise awareness about domestic violence.