France has been a vocal advocate of military action in Syria following an alleged chemical attack on opposition-held areas of the capital Damascus.
- 30 August: Hollande announces France could take action in Syria without UK
- 2 September: France releases a summary of its intelligence concluding that Assad's regime was likely to blame for a "massive use of chemical agents"
- 2 September: Assad tells a French newspaper that France risks becoming Syria's enemy
- 3 September: Hollande says France will not act without the US
- 3 September: Assad regime releases a letter to French MPs urging them not to support a strike
- 4 September: French National Assembly debates Syria issue
More top news
The singer demanded a fan stop using a tripod during a live show and advised her to enjoy it "in real life".
Johnny Depp's band the Hollywood Vampires are due to play in Stockholm, Sweden, but face calls for the gig to be boycotted.
The launch of a medium-range missile took place around 5.20am Seoul time, off the country's east coast, an official said.