The most common form of anomalies in newborn babies in 2011 were congenital heart defects.
Here are the numbers of babies estimated to have been born with various anomalies in 2011:
- Congenital heart defect - 4,461 (28% of all babies born with a defect)
- Defects of the nervous system - 1,739 (10.1%)
- Problems with the digestive system - 1,223 (7.7%)
- Cleft lip or palate alone or alongside other defects - 1,143 (7.2%)
- Down's syndrome - 1,973 (12.4%)
More top news
Nabi Tajima, who was the last known person to have been born in the 19th century, died in Japan after being in hospital since January.
Temperatures are predicted to reach a high of 23C.
Hunt accused companies of "turning a blind eye" to a generation of children "exposed to harmful emotional side effects" of social media.