Report: Men held after Buckingham Palace 'break-in'

It is understood no royals were present at the time of last Monday’s alleged break-in. Credit: Dominic Lipinski/PA Wire

Two men have been arrested following an alleged break-in at Buckingham Palace earlier this week, The Sun has reported.

The newspaper claims one of the suspected burglars scaled a 12ft fence and kicked open a door to gain entry into the Palace last Monday evening.

He was reportedly discovered in one of the state rooms, while a second suspect was reportedly held outside the Palace.

The newspaper said the alleged intruder was arrested on suspicion of burglary, tresspass and criminal damage to a door, while the other man was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.

Advertisement

Duke 'grateful' for apology

The Duke of York has said he is "grateful" for an apology from police after officers challenged him in the gardens of Buckingham Palace less than 48 hours after a break-in. He added that he looked forward "to a safe walk in the garden in the future."