Ed Miliband has delivered a key note speech to the TUC conference in Bournemouth where he called for a "new relationship" between Labour and the unions.
He also made the following points:
- He said zero hour contracts had been misused adding that flexibility was a good thing, not exploitation
- Miliband said a Labour government would get young people working
- He said it would be a "massive challenge" to change Labour's links to the unions but added that change "must happen"
- Miliband claimed the Prime Minister "oozes contempt for trade unionists"
- He called Trade Union members the "backbone of Britain"
- The Labour leader praised people who are at work "before George Osborne's curtains are open"
More top news
The Bank of England has launched a secret project looking at the economic risk to Britain if the country votes to leave the European Union.
The actress and The Only Way Is Essex star Mark Wright will become husband and wife over the Bank Holiday weekend.
The annual event has earned a place in the record books ahead of the grand final of the 60th anniversary show in Austria this evening.