Ed Miliband has delivered a key note speech to the TUC conference in Bournemouth where he called for a "new relationship" between Labour and the unions.
He also made the following points:
- He said zero hour contracts had been misused adding that flexibility was a good thing, not exploitation
- Miliband said a Labour government would get young people working
- He said it would be a "massive challenge" to change Labour's links to the unions but added that change "must happen"
- Miliband claimed the Prime Minister "oozes contempt for trade unionists"
- He called Trade Union members the "backbone of Britain"
- The Labour leader praised people who are at work "before George Osborne's curtains are open"
More top news
Global warming and a strong El Nino weather system has sparked mass coral bleaching, experts warn.
Much of the commentary online focused on Chris Evan's co-host and former Friend's actor Matt LeBlanc.
The brother of a taxi driver killed alongside the Afghan Taliban leader has asked police to investigate his sibling's death.