Ed Miliband has delivered a key note speech to the TUC conference in Bournemouth where he called for a "new relationship" between Labour and the unions.
He also made the following points:
- He said zero hour contracts had been misused adding that flexibility was a good thing, not exploitation
- Miliband said a Labour government would get young people working
- He said it would be a "massive challenge" to change Labour's links to the unions but added that change "must happen"
- Miliband claimed the Prime Minister "oozes contempt for trade unionists"
- He called Trade Union members the "backbone of Britain"
- The Labour leader praised people who are at work "before George Osborne's curtains are open"
More top news
Largely dry night, but showers set to spread in from the west during tomorrow
Two people have died after being involved in separate lightning strikes in Wales' Brecon Beacons today.
France's Champagne and Burgundy wine regions have been granted Unesco world heritage status, as the remit for the title broadens.