Ed Miliband has delivered a key note speech to the TUC conference in Bournemouth where he called for a "new relationship" between Labour and the unions.
He also made the following points:
- He said zero hour contracts had been misused adding that flexibility was a good thing, not exploitation
- Miliband said a Labour government would get young people working
- He said it would be a "massive challenge" to change Labour's links to the unions but added that change "must happen"
- Miliband claimed the Prime Minister "oozes contempt for trade unionists"
- He called Trade Union members the "backbone of Britain"
- The Labour leader praised people who are at work "before George Osborne's curtains are open"
More top news
Leicester are Premier League champions after Tottenham conceded a two-goal lead in a bad-tempered 2-2 draw at Chelsea.
Football fans and players from all over the world savoured Leicester City Premier League triumph on Monday night.
Leicester City are Premier League champions after Tottenham Hotspur were held to a draw at Chelsea on Monday night.