- Hepatitis C is a virus which can lead to inflammation of the liver and cause liver disease, and can even lead to cancer of the liver if left untreated
- Most people are oblivious to the fact they are infected because the liver can still operate when damaged and the virus does not produce any obvious symptoms
- Only once the liver becomes seriously damaged and symptoms occur do people visit their GP where it is diagnosed
- The virus is transmitted through blood-to-blood contact, and very rarely through sexual intercourse
- Infection is not passed on through social contact, kissing or sharing food or drink
More top news
Many police are said to have been seriously wounded in the attack which may have been targeted at them, officials said.
Syrian government forces are continuing a push for total control of Aleppo, while a reported 20,000 civilians left the city on Saturday.
Rex Tillerson is president of Exxon Mobil and has close business links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.