- Hepatitis C is a virus which can lead to inflammation of the liver and cause liver disease, and can even lead to cancer of the liver if left untreated
- Most people are oblivious to the fact they are infected because the liver can still operate when damaged and the virus does not produce any obvious symptoms
- Only once the liver becomes seriously damaged and symptoms occur do people visit their GP where it is diagnosed
- The virus is transmitted through blood-to-blood contact, and very rarely through sexual intercourse
- Infection is not passed on through social contact, kissing or sharing food or drink
More top news
Stevi Ritchie left the show after a shock sing-off with Italian finalist Andrea Faustini.
Cardinal Nichols told ITV News his 'instinct' was that there was something 'disproportionate' about the war this summer.
A colder night with fog and frost, as well as icy spots in places.