- Hepatitis C is a virus which can lead to inflammation of the liver and cause liver disease, and can even lead to cancer of the liver if left untreated
- Most people are oblivious to the fact they are infected because the liver can still operate when damaged and the virus does not produce any obvious symptoms
- Only once the liver becomes seriously damaged and symptoms occur do people visit their GP where it is diagnosed
- The virus is transmitted through blood-to-blood contact, and very rarely through sexual intercourse
- Infection is not passed on through social contact, kissing or sharing food or drink
More top news
Conditions will remain cloudy, with some showers in the south and sunny spells likely, especially in the east.
Here are Ian Payne's British medal prospects for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The Democratic presidential nominee pledged to foster an inclusive society, create jobs and make college tuition debt free for all.