Huge floods have devastated parts of Mexico after rains caused landslides and flooding, As emergency services attempt to get food and clean water through to those effected here is a look at the details around the storms:
- Up to 55 people have died
- 40,000 mainly Mexican tourists have been stranded in Acapulco
- The main highway to Acapulco was hit by more than 13 landslides
- The heavy rains were spawned when two storms, tropical storm Manuel and hurricane Ingrid, converged
- The rain has caused more than 5 billion pesos ($387 million)
- Families waited at a military base for up to eight hours to be ferried to Mexico City
The main states affected include:
More top news
Experts say a trial into an early Ebola vaccine shows it is safe, but did not perform as well as had been hoped.
Frequent snowfall expected across much of the north this evening and strong northeasterly winds will make it feel noticeably cooler.
A Jewish leader was forced to escape from the camp through a window last night, when he was locked in during a TV broadcast.