Huge floods have devastated parts of Mexico after rains caused landslides and flooding, As emergency services attempt to get food and clean water through to those effected here is a look at the details around the storms:
- Up to 55 people have died
- 40,000 mainly Mexican tourists have been stranded in Acapulco
- The main highway to Acapulco was hit by more than 13 landslides
- The heavy rains were spawned when two storms, tropical storm Manuel and hurricane Ingrid, converged
- The rain has caused more than 5 billion pesos ($387 million)
- Families waited at a military base for up to eight hours to be ferried to Mexico City
The main states affected include:
More top news
The late Coronation Street actress Anne Kirkbride has been nominated for a British Soap Award.
The NHS could save millions of pounds by allowing more people with a terminal illness to die at home as most wished to do, a charity said.
A self-testing kit for HIV which promises a result in 15 minutes has gone on sale in the UK.