The 11 Trusts placed in special measures are:
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trus
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust
More top news
Ex-Dragon's Den star Doug Richard has pleaded not guilty to a string of child sex charges after appearing before the Old Bailey.
The independent child sexual abuse inquiry has named the first institutions facing investigation - including local councils and the Church.
The Queen has paid tribute to both her husband and son in her opening speech at this year's Commonwealth summit.