The 11 Trusts placed in special measures are:
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trus
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust
More top news
A father has been found guilty of murdering his three-month-old son by hurling him "vigorously" against a hard surface in a fit of temper.
The self-styled revolutionary has spent the last 23 years in a high security prison for a string of murders and attacks.
Cancer surgeon accused of conducting series of 'completely unnecessary' operations denies giving cancer-phobic GP an unneeded mastectomy.