Revellers were evacuated from pubs and a nightclub in Plymouth city centre as police investigated a gas leak in the early hours of this morning.
The leak was discovered inside the disused Millennium nightclub complex in Union Street, police said. The street was closed to pedestrians and vehicles as a precaution.
Police also evacuated the Two Trees and Crash Manor pubs, Jesters nightclub and local fast food takeaways.
At 4.40am police were able to re-open Union Street to the public after the gas levels had fallen to safe levels.