An overwhelming number of doctors "question" the health secretary's ability to do his job, a survey has revealed.
According to the Your Legal Friend survey into NHS doctors' time management:
- At least 72% of doctors question Jeremy Hunt's capability as health secretary.
- A further 49% feel he is failing to understand the needs of the NHS.
- Over one in four (28%) of doctors expressed deep concerns over the future of the NHS and could not see a future for the NHS.
- Some 17% said cuts to the NHS was their number one professional concern, while the same proportion said they had too much paperwork.
- A quarter said they knew patients delayed seeing them because of appointment waiting times and 55% of these thought this had a negative impact on recovery.
More top news
Plenty of sunshine throughout the day tomorrow although showers will continue to affect the eastern areas.
Few can truly claim to be ‘the voice’ of a sport but Alastair Stewart says few could argue O’Sullevan was not that ‘voice’ for horse racing.
Tributes have been paid to the 'voice of racing' Sir Peter O'Sullevan, following his death aged 97.