- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Nine people were killed when a gunman opened fire at a shopping centre in Munich - seven of whom were reportedly teenagers.
A plane powered purely by solar power has taken off from Egypt for the final leg of the first ever fuel-free flight around the world.
Animal rights group PETA seizes 'teachable moment', warning Pokémon Go users the game is akin to animal cruelty.