- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
The majority of motorists want to see tighter restrictions on the amount drivers can drink, a survey has revealed.
A cheap over-the-counter painkiller taken by millions of people in Britain every day could have the hidden benefit of slowing down ageing.
Some four million Brits are expected to fly out of the UK over the festive period, along with many more using roads and railways.