- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Police would face "real challenges" tackling a repeat of the London riots after years of cuts, one of Britain's most senior officers warns.
Here are the buildings we know are affected and what action is being taken by local authorities.
During an appearance at Glastonbury, the actor asked: "When was the last time an actor assassinated a president ... maybe it's time."