- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
This year's poppy appeal is giving special emphasis to the plight of younger service veterans.
West Ham fans clashed with Chelsea supporters on Wednesday during an EFL Cup tie, a game which the Hammers won 2-1.
Only four pregnancies occurred during the trial - but reported side effects for men include acne, depression and increased libido.