- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Cloudy skies and feeling cool
The ex-England women's coach was found to have made "ill-judged attempts at humour" but his comments were not deemed racist.
A firework was thrown at a London bus sending frightened passengers running with fear.