- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Women pay more on average for the same garage repairs than men, a new study claims.
A leading biologist has said he believes aliens which look and sound like humans must have evolved on other planets
Britain's top tennis star Andy Murray will continue his bid to reclaim the Wimbledon crown today.