- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
The north Yorkshire town of Tadcaster was divided since the historic bridge was damaged by floods at Christmas.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has vowed to regain control of the entire country but warned it could "take a long time".
How to find out which machines are affected and what to do if yours is one of them.