- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Police investigating the alleged kidnapping of a British model in Italy have arrested the brother of the chief suspect in the West Midlands
Wet and windy weather travels eastwards through this evening and overnight.
Think you know who played 007 first? Who is the most bankable Bond? And what links Ian Fleming to Bob Marley and an under pressure PM?