- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
A massive fast-moving wildfire in upstate New York has ravaged around 800 acres in forests as officials battle to contain the blaze.
Interpol has issued a global alert over the threat posed by the "diet pills" that claimed the life of a British woman.
Political leaders have launched a last-ditch attempt to win votes as the general election campaign enters its final stages.