- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
In what appeared to be a direct challenge to Ed Miliband, the Ukip leader tucked into the sandwich during a pre-byelection walkabout.
Wonga, under Errol Damelin, was lending irresponsibly on an almighty scale, 375,000 people is larger than the population of Cardiff.
A retired businessman from Newport has built up Britain's biggest mini-bar