- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
The EU will not hold talks with the UK until it triggers Article 50 to leave, Germany, France and Italy insist.
Jamie Oliver has launched an expletive-filled rant against Boris Johnson, calling on the public to ensure he does not become Prime Minister.
David Cameron has addressed Parliament for the first time since Britain voted to leave the European Union.