- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
After decades of struggling negotiations both activists and delegates are hoping for some form of landmark agreement.
World Rugby chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes, calling Lomu 'a giant' of the game.
Jaw bone fragment studied by British scientist comes from a smaller cousin of the better known Triceratops.