- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Police believe it is a "distinct possibility" that Halliwell was a serial killer, beyond the two murders he was convicted for.
The bodies were seen lined up in white and black body bags along Libya's western shoreline in stark and grim images released by aid workers.
Rebecca Steinfeld, 35, and Charles Keidan, 40, objected to the "patriarchal baggage" of "the institution of marriage".