- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Warmer with a mild, muggy night ahead
The headteacher of Saffie Rose Roussos's primary school has paid tribute to the little girl who was "beautiful in every sense of the word".
Ten people have died on the mountain so far this climbing season - four more than mountaineering officials expect in a typical year.