- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Anna Campbell was the first British woman to die fighting with Kurdish forces in the war-torn country.
The new legal framework is set to be tabled in the Dublin Parliament in the autumn.
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for much of England and all of Wales.