- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Karl, 17, was stabbed to death when his friends became involved in a row with around a gang of youths in Hackney, east London in 2004.
Researchers believe they have found the wreckage of British explorer James Cook's ship "Endeavour".
Four kittens have been rescued from a fire by emergency services in California, USA.