- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
The Clipper Round The World Yacht Race is due to begin in London today from St Katherine's Dock.
Once a year W11 comes alive with the colour of carnival. Everything you need to know about getting around and what to see in Notting Hill.
People should only be allowed to move freely within the EU if they have a job waiting for them, the Home Secretary has said.