- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
The National Lottery is upping the number of balls from 49 to 59, a move statisticians point out will make hitting the jackpot harder.
The Tory peer and former Marks & Spencer chief has been named as chairman of the 'In Campaign'.
Delicately worded memo by then press chief from 1985 is among cache of newly released documents from former PM's private files.