- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Kate is now an advanced diver after passing a Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) advanced open water diver qualification.
The Queen and other members of the Royal family have been photographed in striking "quadruple" portraits.
A student who contracted a deadly strain of meningitis has urged teenagers to get vaccinated.