- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
A touch brighter to the southeast but still a great deal of cloud cover across the UK with patchy rain in the west.
A teenager has been expelled from school after posting insults about his headteacher on Facebook.
A former Fox employee has died after apparently shooting himself outside the front doors of the News Corporation building.