- 37% of Syrian hospitals have been destroyed and a further 20% severely damaged, according to the World Health Organisation
- 15,000 doctors have been forced to flee abroad, according to the Council on Foreign Relations
- Of the 5,000 physicians in Aleppo before the conflict, only 36 remain
- More than 100,000 have been killed during the conflict in Syria, United Nations figures suggest
- The White House said 6.8 million people are in need of assistance inside Syria
More top news
Weather will be settled with with some sunshine and feeling cold
A bus carrying school children has crashed in Italy killing at least 16 people.
Tens of thousands of people are expected to join demonstrations on Saturday in cities around the world in support of women's rights.