As details emerge of an incident in Washington here is a look back at what is known so far:
- A female driver is reported to have attempted to ram the security gates at the White House
- The car was then pursued by police and security officers to Capitol Hill
- A police car which attempted to block the path of the car was hit and an officer was injured
- Shots were fired, however it is unknown at this time who opened fire
- Police say a child was inside the car, they are believed to be uninjured but has been taken to hospital as a precaution
- Police have a suspect in custody, however their condition is unknown and it is not clear if the suspect is the female driver
- There have been multiple US media reports the female driver has died, however this has not been independently verified by ITV News
More top news
Representatives for Scotland and Northern Ireland said they were concerned that they will be pulled out of the EU by English voters.
This is not hyberbole.
Some in Westminster don’t seem to have accepted that the priority among EU leaders is that the referendum is not seen to ‘succeed’.