As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
David Walliams said Dale Winton “devoted his life to making everyone else happy” after his friend's death at the age of 62.
Former civil service chief Lord Kerslake has criticised the way the Windrush controversy was being handled by the government.
Vieira could take over at Arsenal in the summer with Liverpool eyeing a move for Wolves' midfielder Ruben Neves