As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
The singer ended speculation over who would perform by saying "the rumors are true" to her 63 million Twitter followers on Friday morning.
There will be lighter winds for all of us than yesterday, although it will still feel cool.
Senior fashion analyst at Mintel Tamara Sender said: "For the first time ever sales of trainers have overtaken high heels."