As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
Tonight a band of cloud and rain will spread into Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Greenpeace has obtained leaked documents which reveal how much the US has been pushing the EU on the TTIP trade agreement.
Appeals court clears the way for case against U.S. Army Sergeant and former Taliban prisoner Bowe Bergdahl to resume.