As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
Researchers found taking the drugs was associated with a 36% heightened risk of being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
The study reveals cases of slave driving and human trafficking suffering delays, being prematurely shelved or being overlooked entirely.
David Clarke was arrested after a four-hour standoff in which two members of staff were taken hostage. Both escaped unharmed.