As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
New test could help doctors identify the signs of lung cancer up to five years before the disease shows up on traditional scans.
The Police Federation is pushing for a wider rollout of Tasers , and a new model, the X2, is awaiting Home Office approval.
Charity says social media is helping fuel a nation of 'deeply unhappy' children as figures show rise in number hospitalised over self-harm.