As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
The 16-year-old, who has a social media following of over 15 million people, suffered two fractured ribs, a bruised lung and concussion.
Newly appointed minister Lord Ahmad pledged to review passenger screening procedures amid a spate of drunk passenger incidents.
The outspoken Birmingham MP tweeted a picture of locksmiths ramping up security at her home after facing fresh intimidation on social media.