As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
After the ambiguity of "Brexit means Brexit", the PM delivered her clearest statement yet on her vision for the country's exit from the EU.
A report warned overcrowded streets could lead to a 'Hillsborough scale' tragedy.
The PM confirmed an end to the country's existing trading arrangements as she outlined her 12 priorities for negotiating Britain's EU exit.