As FIFA chiefs in Zurich today ponder moving the Qatar 2022 World Cup from summer to winter, The Times (£) has devised a potential calendar for the 2022/23 English football season.
The paper suggests the Premier League campaign could start in June, almost two months earlier than normal, with the FA Cup final taking place nearly a year later.
How the 2022/23 football season could look:
- Sat, 23 Jun: Premier League season starts
- Tue, 9 Aug: Champions League group stages begin
- Wed, 2 Nov: Champions League groups finish
- Nov 17 - Dec 18: World Cup
- Mon, 26 Dec: Premier League resumes
- Sat, 28 May: Champions League final
- Sun, 11 June: Premier League finishes
- Sat, 17 June: FA Cup final
More top news
The 18-month-old baby girl was in "excruciating pain" after suffering broken ribs, leg fractures and injuries to her spine, face and neck.
The "world's first transgender doll" has appeared at New York's Toy Fair and will go on sale in July.
The exhibition includes the gown she wore when she danced with John Travolta at the White House and a dress used for a Vanity Fair cover.