An immense, powerful cyclone packing destructive winds has hammered eastern India, forcing more than 500,000 people to evacuate and sending seawater surging inland.
Here are the latest developments:
- The confirmed casualties are now seven although there are few more
- The number is significantly lower than what it could have been because many have been shifted to cyclone relief shelters
- Severe damage reported in south Odisha, especially Ganjam and Puri
- Lot of the roads that have been blocked bring cleared by relief workers
- Doctors, medicines and food have been arranged in vulnerable districts
- The casualty figure will change as few places are still cut-off
- Power is down even in parts which were not at the centre of the storm
- In Gopalpur, where the cyclone made landfall, almost 90-95% people have been evacuated
More top news
It also got another injection of 15 billion euros under the deal.
Earlier, it was revealed the fashion designer’s father had died on the eve of her funeral.
Penny Wilson says her mother Sylvia Giffin was bullied after voicing her concerns.