An immense, powerful cyclone packing destructive winds has hammered eastern India, forcing more than 500,000 people to evacuate and sending seawater surging inland.
Here are the latest developments:
- The confirmed casualties are now seven although there are few more
- The number is significantly lower than what it could have been because many have been shifted to cyclone relief shelters
- Severe damage reported in south Odisha, especially Ganjam and Puri
- Lot of the roads that have been blocked bring cleared by relief workers
- Doctors, medicines and food have been arranged in vulnerable districts
- The casualty figure will change as few places are still cut-off
- Power is down even in parts which were not at the centre of the storm
- In Gopalpur, where the cyclone made landfall, almost 90-95% people have been evacuated
More top news
A man is risking his life to bring joy to children in Syria by smuggling toys into the war-torn country.
A dead whale - believed to be a minke whale - has washed up on a Devon beach between Dawlish and Dawlish Warren.
The trade secretary has said the UK "has a golden opportunity to forge a new role for ourselves in world" outside of the EU.