An Ofsted report said inspectors found that a persistent absence of stable leadership was a feature of most ‘inadequate’ local authorities. It said that in the weakest places:
- The most basic acceptable practice was not in place
- Supervision, management oversight, purposeful work with families and decisive action where children were at risk from harm were ineffective
- The views of children and families were rarely considered
- Support from key statutory partners – health, police, schools – was weak and poorly co-ordinated
- Managers did not appear to have a firm understanding of what constituted good practice
More top news
Erin Sandilands was told to apply more makeup, wear a skirt or put her hair down because "it's better for the punters".
Theresa May will make her pitch to lead the Conservative party today, 90 minutes before long-time favourite Boris Johnson.
Cool temperatures and breezy conditions with a top temperature of 20 Celsius (68 F).