The five most complained about banks and financial services firms received a total of 1.3 million complaints in the first half of 2013, according to City watchdog the FCA.
The FCA collects information by firm, not by banking group.
Barclays was the most complained about bank but Lloyds Banking Group, incorporating Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland would be the most complained about group, if the the FCA evaluated complaints received on a group level.
- Barclays Bank Plc opened 370,733 complaints, (down 11% from the last six months of 2102) 62% of which were upheld
- Lloyds TSB Bank opened 253,735 complaints, (down 27%) 62% of which were upheld
- MBNA opened 237,103 complaints, (down 12%) 36% of which were upheld
- Bank of Scotland opened 222,249 complaints, (down 34%) 45% of which were upheld by the firm
- Santander UK Plc opened 198, 736 complaints, (down 34%) 43% of which were upheld.
More top news
UEFA are considering whether to allow women and children into matches currently being played behind closed doors because of racist abuse
UEFA president Michel Platini is embroiled in a row with the Confederation of African Football about the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations
A calendar by photographer Steve McCurry captures the rare and disappearing food traditions of rural Africa.