The five most complained about banks and financial services firms received a total of 1.3 million complaints in the first half of 2013, according to City watchdog the FCA.
The FCA collects information by firm, not by banking group.
Barclays was the most complained about bank but Lloyds Banking Group, incorporating Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland would be the most complained about group, if the the FCA evaluated complaints received on a group level.
- Barclays Bank Plc opened 370,733 complaints, (down 11% from the last six months of 2102) 62% of which were upheld
- Lloyds TSB Bank opened 253,735 complaints, (down 27%) 62% of which were upheld
- MBNA opened 237,103 complaints, (down 12%) 36% of which were upheld
- Bank of Scotland opened 222,249 complaints, (down 34%) 45% of which were upheld by the firm
- Santander UK Plc opened 198, 736 complaints, (down 34%) 43% of which were upheld.
More top news
The people of Zimbabwe, in their tens of thousands, have never witnessed anything like it.
The MSP vows to be a force for change after winning 56.7% in a contest to replace Kezia Dugdale.
Tens of thousands of people may have been underpaid, the Department for Work and Pensions has admitted.