Cat causes two hour power cut in Scottish village

A cat caused a two hour power cut in a Scottish village after it became stuck on top of a 10-metre-high electricity pole.

Coco the cat was stranded for almost 24 hours before owners Moira and Bob Moir, from St Cyrus in Aberdeenshire, contacted Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution (SHEPD) and explained the situation.

Coco the cat was stuck up the electricity pole in St Cyrus for almost 24 hours before being rescued.
Coco the cat was stuck up the electricity pole in St Cyrus for almost 24 hours before being rescued. Credit: Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution

Two engineers then came to the rescue, turning off the power before using a cherry picker to rescue the fear-filled feline.

Mark Macdonald from SHEPD said, "Everyone in the depot is delighted that Coco has made a full recovery, although I heard she was a bit crabby after being stuck up the pole for almost a day!"

Advertisement

Today's top stories