- Rents have reached new peaks in Wales, London, the South East, the West Midlands, the East Midlands, the North West, Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Average rents in September ranged from £533 a month in the North East to more than double this amount - £1,141 - in London.
- Rents have risen by 2.1% over the last year across the country, which is below the rate of Consumer Prices Index inflation at 2.7%.
- London rents have soared by 4.4% typically in the space of a year.
- Wales saw the next biggest annual rise, with a 3.1% hike pushing average rents to £573.
- The East of England was the only region to see rents drop, either on the year-on-year or the monthly measures, falling by 1.4% annually.
Source: Lettings network LSL Property Services.
More top news
Eva Echeverria claimed she developed ovarian cancer from using the company's talc products like Baby Powder.
Thousands of gallons of waste, including rotting animal carcasses, are being dumped in the countryside, an investigation has found.
Rain in the north tonight, cloudy and humid in the south