- Rents have reached new peaks in Wales, London, the South East, the West Midlands, the East Midlands, the North West, Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Average rents in September ranged from £533 a month in the North East to more than double this amount - £1,141 - in London.
- Rents have risen by 2.1% over the last year across the country, which is below the rate of Consumer Prices Index inflation at 2.7%.
- London rents have soared by 4.4% typically in the space of a year.
- Wales saw the next biggest annual rise, with a 3.1% hike pushing average rents to £573.
- The East of England was the only region to see rents drop, either on the year-on-year or the monthly measures, falling by 1.4% annually.
Source: Lettings network LSL Property Services.
More top news
Last minute preparations are going on at the Church of St Mary Magdalene where Princess Charlotte will be christened.
Princess Charlotte is being christened on Sunday at Sandringham in Norfolk in only her second public appearance since she was born.
Thunderstorms clear the North, leaving a dry and warm day with sunny spells.