- Rents have reached new peaks in Wales, London, the South East, the West Midlands, the East Midlands, the North West, Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Average rents in September ranged from £533 a month in the North East to more than double this amount - £1,141 - in London.
- Rents have risen by 2.1% over the last year across the country, which is below the rate of Consumer Prices Index inflation at 2.7%.
- London rents have soared by 4.4% typically in the space of a year.
- Wales saw the next biggest annual rise, with a 3.1% hike pushing average rents to £573.
- The East of England was the only region to see rents drop, either on the year-on-year or the monthly measures, falling by 1.4% annually.
Source: Lettings network LSL Property Services.
More top news
A service to remember the 1940 'Operation Dynamo', the code name for the mass evacuation of allied troops, will take place on the beach.