- Rents have reached new peaks in Wales, London, the South East, the West Midlands, the East Midlands, the North West, Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Average rents in September ranged from £533 a month in the North East to more than double this amount - £1,141 - in London.
- Rents have risen by 2.1% over the last year across the country, which is below the rate of Consumer Prices Index inflation at 2.7%.
- London rents have soared by 4.4% typically in the space of a year.
- Wales saw the next biggest annual rise, with a 3.1% hike pushing average rents to £573.
- The East of England was the only region to see rents drop, either on the year-on-year or the monthly measures, falling by 1.4% annually.
Source: Lettings network LSL Property Services.
More top news
Ridge of high pressure will settle conditions for many tomorrow, however from the west more rain will arrive and the wind will pick back up
It has caused chaos on the roads and rail network, brought down trees, grounded planes, toppled lorries and also a bus in Cambridgeshire.
The nature of Ian Stewart's killing of his fiancee Helen Bailey and plot to evade detection raised doubts about the death of his wife Diane.