The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
A five-year-old boy whose surprise meeting with "Spiderman" became an online hit has died.
It's going to feel very cold in parts today, with temperatures between 3C and 6C before falling to as low as -6C in some areas overnight.
A son paid off his parents' mortgage for Christmas - reducing them to tears.