The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
At least 1.3 million people in Britain are estimated to have a visible facial difference.
Cooler and showery over the next couple of days with the risk of some thundery downpour
Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins hit out at the broadcaster in a two-page open letter on Wednesday.