The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
Donald Trump has wasted no time making his mark on international matters as well as domestic. So how will his presidency affect the world?
Another cold, frosty and foggy night for many. Northern and western areas will see thickening cloud, patchy rain and milder temperatures.
Temperatures have already plunged to -12C in some parts of the UK this winter - but Thursday could be the coldest day yet.