The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
Xi Jinping's tightening grip on power is becoming an increasing concern for China's increasing population of Christians.
Police chiefs said the suspect detonated a device as he was being pursued by police.
A man in his twenties has died from stab wounds after police were called to a disturbance at the Stratford Centre on Tuesday night.