The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
A brewery in the US stopped beer production and started canning emergency drinking water for flood victims in Texas and Oklahoma.
While Fifa battles allegations of corruption, fans are preparing for the oldest cup competition in the world - the FA Cup - tomorrow.
A fine start to the weekend though cloud will start spreading in from the west throughout the afternoon ahead of a wet night.