The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
As Pinewood Studios celebrates its 80th birthday, ITV News looks back on some of its most memorable films and movie stars.
The 23 cubs, aged from one to four months, were placed on a green mat in front of dozens of spectators at the China zoo on Thursday.
The German bomb - a 500kg device - was spotted by a barge carrying out dredging works, the Royal Navy said.