The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
Car insurance for young people could rise by £1000 a year after a change to compensation payouts for those with life-threatening injuries.
A team at Maastricht University, led by Prof Mark Post, want nothing less than to revolutionise our food industry with lab-grown meat.
Santa Montefiore said she hoped her "beloved sister" was being looked after in Heaven during a private funeral.