The average half-term trip has increased in price by 3.7% since this time last year, according to figures from M&S Bank.
How have some of the more popular destinations have managed to fare?
- An Egyptian trip has gone up by more than 6%
- France is up more than 5%
- Spain holidays have increased 4.9%
- The least-expensive trip is to Portugal where costs since last year have risen 3.08% to £576 or £2,303 for a family of four
- The most costly of the destinations surveyed is Mauritius - up 3.3% to £1,743 per person, or £6,972 for a family of four
- Only two of the most popular destinations - Greece (up 1.69%) and Cyprus (up 1.66%) have seen rises lower than the current UK inflation rate of 2.7%
More top news
Patients are being left "belittled and bewildered" as medical staff try to deal with overstretched systems, the BMA will warn.
One tenant confronted the leader of Camden Council as tensions rise in evacuation of Chalcots estate.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have attacked the girl in a Manchester park on Saturday evening.