The annual report by England's chief medical officer focuses on children's physical and mental health. Here are some of its key findings:
- UK is second-worst in western Europe for children's health
- More than 12 percent of toddlers are obese, as are more than 16 percent of boys and girls up to the age of 15
- The costs of childhood obesity could be as high as £700 per year
- 40 percent of children have some kind of vitamin D deficiency
- Only a quarter of children with clinical mental health disorders get help within the first three years, while three quarters of lifetime mental health disorders start before the age of 18
More top news
South Korean officials said the hotline would help facilitate dialogue and reduce misunderstanding during times of tension.
The Gunners boss has announced he will step down at the end of the season.
Moya Greene will be pursuing ‘a range of other interests, including developing her portfolio career’.