The annual report by England's chief medical officer focuses on children's physical and mental health. Here are some of its key findings:
- UK is second-worst in western Europe for children's health
- More than 12 percent of toddlers are obese, as are more than 16 percent of boys and girls up to the age of 15
- The costs of childhood obesity could be as high as £700 per year
- 40 percent of children have some kind of vitamin D deficiency
- Only a quarter of children with clinical mental health disorders get help within the first three years, while three quarters of lifetime mental health disorders start before the age of 18
More top news
The actor said he did not remember the latest allegation, but apologised for “inadvertently” causing discomfort.
Drinking three or four cups a day compared to drinking none was linked to a lower likelihood of developing cardiovascular problems.
More than 157,000 cars rolled off production lines last month, 3.5% more than the October 2016, while exports have increased by 5%.