The annual report by England's chief medical officer focuses on children's physical and mental health. Here are some of its key findings:
- UK is second-worst in western Europe for children's health
- More than 12 percent of toddlers are obese, as are more than 16 percent of boys and girls up to the age of 15
- The costs of childhood obesity could be as high as £700 per year
- 40 percent of children have some kind of vitamin D deficiency
- Only a quarter of children with clinical mental health disorders get help within the first three years, while three quarters of lifetime mental health disorders start before the age of 18
More top news
Two were taken to hospital and three others were treated at the scene.
Nikki Haley said the organisation was not worthy of its name.
Rain in the northwest with some heavy outbreaks will sink slowly southeastwards