Some of the NHS trusts identified by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as being "high risk" are already in "special measures" following an investigation into high death rates.
Those trusts include:
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Nearly a quarter of hospitals have been identified as providing poor quality care in a report from the health watchdog.
Almost a quarter of NHS trusts in England have been identified as high risk, see the full list of the Trusts and what risk