The UK economy grew at its fastest pace for three years in the third quarter as GDP rose by 0.8%.
Here is a closer look at today's figures:
- It was the third successive period of improving output.
- The 0.8% GDP rise is the best performance since the second quarter of 2010.
- The figures saw all sectors of the economy grow, including a 2.5% surge in construction - a sector bolstered by the Help to Buy initiative.
- Overall GDP was 1.5% ahead of the same period last year.
- However, the economy remains 2.5% off its pre-recession peak at the start of 2008 and construction remains 12.5% of its pre-crisis peak.
- Production grew by 0.5% and manufacturing by 0.9%.