Police have arrested two people in connection with the murder of an elderly couple whose remains were found in a garden in Nottinghamshire earlier this month:
- 9 October: Police find remains of two bodies in the back garden of a house in Mansfield after acting on new information about an incident that happened at the property in the 1990s.
- 11 October: Neighbours say an elderly couple that lived in the home mysteriously disappeared in the 1990s.
- 15 October: Nottinghamshire Police say they are confident the remains of are those of Patricia and William Wycherley, although they say formal identification is "difficult".
- 15 October: The force launches a murder inquiry and appeals for information from the public.
- 31 October: A 57-year-old man and 55-year-old woman are arrested on suspicion of murdering the couple in 1998.
More top news
An inquest has heard Charlie Jermyn died just 30 hours after he was born because he was not given the right antibiotics.
A British traveller was kicked out of Thailand by border officers after using pages of her passport as toilet paper when she was drunk.
Liverpool's owners have performed a U-turn on proposed ticket increases following a mass walkout of fans at weekend's Premier League match.