Police have arrested two people in connection with the murder of an elderly couple whose remains were found in a garden in Nottinghamshire earlier this month:
- 9 October: Police find remains of two bodies in the back garden of a house in Mansfield after acting on new information about an incident that happened at the property in the 1990s.
- 11 October: Neighbours say an elderly couple that lived in the home mysteriously disappeared in the 1990s.
- 15 October: Nottinghamshire Police say they are confident the remains of are those of Patricia and William Wycherley, although they say formal identification is "difficult".
- 15 October: The force launches a murder inquiry and appeals for information from the public.
- 31 October: A 57-year-old man and 55-year-old woman are arrested on suspicion of murdering the couple in 1998.
More top news
Cold and sunny for most, increasingly cloudy from the west. Cloud and wind spreading from the west of UK.
A woman, 63, was allegedly grabbed from behind and dragged to the ground in a serious assault near a nature reserve.
A 21-gun salute was first sounded in the capital, Havana, as Castro's ashes were taken to the cemetery in eastern Cuba.