Police have arrested two people in connection with the murder of an elderly couple whose remains were found in a garden in Nottinghamshire earlier this month:
- 9 October: Police find remains of two bodies in the back garden of a house in Mansfield after acting on new information about an incident that happened at the property in the 1990s.
- 11 October: Neighbours say an elderly couple that lived in the home mysteriously disappeared in the 1990s.
- 15 October: Nottinghamshire Police say they are confident the remains of are those of Patricia and William Wycherley, although they say formal identification is "difficult".
- 15 October: The force launches a murder inquiry and appeals for information from the public.
- 31 October: A 57-year-old man and 55-year-old woman are arrested on suspicion of murdering the couple in 1998.
More top news
A British suicide bomber who helped Islamic State militants advance into Ramadi was a popular body-building schoolboy, ITV News can reveal.
The was no stick in sight as an Elephant used its trunk to take amazing selfie that a snapper dubbed an 'elphie'.
A package that caused a panic at the West Yorkshire offices of recently-deposed MP George Galloway has been declared safe by police.