More than one in five benefit claimants do not have access to the type of banking facilities, such as direct debits and bill payments, needed for the new Universal Credit, Citizens Advice found.
According to research by the charity:
- Some 49% said they would struggle with online forms.
- At least 47% having no home internet.
- Over three quarters, 83%, were not ready to budget according to a single monthly payment and would have preferred fortnightly payments helpful to cope.
- Some 86% felt they lacked vital information.
- 75% wanted rent to continue to be paid directly to their landlord.
More top news
A seven-year-old girl suffered horrific chemical burns after being given a henna tattoo whilst on holiday.
A Hurricane in the Atlantic is set to bring rain in the north this weekend - but it could mean better weather for the south.
Early cloud and rain will slowly clear away from southeast England and East Anglia.