Statistics from Netmums' poll of 1,522 parents:
- 81.7% said that their child had sung or repeated sexual song lyrics without realising what they meant
- 33.4% said their child had copied overtly provocative dance moves from pop star performances
- 68.6% said that the message being sent was that "you need to flash your body and be sexual to get noticed"
Parents of boys:
- 45.4% fear sexy music videos may make them grow up expecting women to be too sexually available
- 58% said it may leave their sons expecting women to have unrealistic figures.
Parents of girls:
- 75% worry their daughters would think they would be judged on their looks, not personality or achievement
- 64.3% said they thought their child might be expected to be sexual too soon.
We have a look at five music videos that broadcasters judged as too shocking to show or play.
Parents increasingly worried about overtly sexual nature of today's pop acts as their kids mimic dance moves and repeat explicit lyrics.