Statistics from Netmums' poll of 1,522 parents:
- 81.7% said that their child had sung or repeated sexual song lyrics without realising what they meant
- 33.4% said their child had copied overtly provocative dance moves from pop star performances
- 68.6% said that the message being sent was that "you need to flash your body and be sexual to get noticed"
Parents of boys:
- 45.4% fear sexy music videos may make them grow up expecting women to be too sexually available
- 58% said it may leave their sons expecting women to have unrealistic figures.
Parents of girls:
- 75% worry their daughters would think they would be judged on their looks, not personality or achievement
- 64.3% said they thought their child might be expected to be sexual too soon.