BT Sport has successfully beaten Sky and ITV to the exclusive live coverage of Champions League football in a move widely seen as a huge statement of intent from the company.
Here are the key points:
- BT has agreed a three year deal costing £897 million
- The company will show exclusive coverage of all 350 matches from both the Uefa Champions League and the Europa League
- The deal, costing £299 million per season, starts in 2015
- It is the first time a UK broadcaster has won the exclusive rights
- The company have pledged to show a selection of matches for free including the final
- They will also broadcast at least one match involving each British team for free every season
More top news
The Duchess of Sussex’s father said he "absolutely wanted" to walk his daughter down the aisle but he needed to undergo a heart operation.
Restrictive policies have been branded “totally unacceptable”.
The quake was measured at magnitude 6.1.