BT Sport has successfully beaten Sky and ITV to the exclusive live coverage of Champions League football in a move widely seen as a huge statement of intent from the company.
Here are the key points:
- BT has agreed a three year deal costing £897 million
- The company will show exclusive coverage of all 350 matches from both the Uefa Champions League and the Europa League
- The deal, costing £299 million per season, starts in 2015
- It is the first time a UK broadcaster has won the exclusive rights
- The company have pledged to show a selection of matches for free including the final
- They will also broadcast at least one match involving each British team for free every season