Britain is sending the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious to the Philippines to help with the aid effort in the typhoon-struck country, the Prime Minister announced.
Here are some facts about the aircraft carrier:
- The HMS Illustrious has enough room for 22 helicopters.
- There are 685 crew on-board.
- The aircraft carrier can reach speeds of 30 knots.
- It has the nickname 'Lusty'.
- The ship is 210 metres long and weighs 22,000 tonnes.
Crew on the HMS Daring, which has also been sent out to the Philippines, said they were "up for the challenging task ahead."
The few surviving residents of a Philippine community devastated by Typhoon Haiyan tell ITV News their home is already a "ghost town".
An RAF plane has left the UK for the Philippines to help with the relief effort following the devastation caused by Typhoon Haiyan.
Mother nature can be cruel, and none know that more so than the residents of St Bernard. 7 years ago the village was buried by a landslide.