Britain is sending the aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious to the Philippines to help with the aid effort in the typhoon-struck country, the Prime Minister announced.
Here are some facts about the aircraft carrier:
- The HMS Illustrious has enough room for 22 helicopters.
- There are 685 crew on-board.
- The aircraft carrier can reach speeds of 30 knots.
- It has the nickname 'Lusty'.
- The ship is 210 metres long and weighs 22,000 tonnes.
Crew on the HMS Daring, which has also been sent out to the Philippines, said they were "up for the challenging task ahead."