Five hundred UK business leaders were questioned for the YouGov poll, conducted as part of an experts' meeting on ageing at London's Royal Institution.
- 40% said people aged over 50 accounted for a quarter of their workforce
- Two-thirds maintained that over-50s made an important contribution to their business
- Up to 81% were concerned that skills would be lost when older workers retire
- 19% of employers saw maintaining an older workforce as a business priority
- 12% invested in any sort of targeted training for older staff
- 4% had designed workplaces to make them more suitable for older workers
More top news
A man who opened a parcel addressed to his new home was shocked to discover a large tarantula inside.
Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich have announced plans which they hope will aid migrant integration in Germany.
A miniature Shetland pony has surprised its owner after unexpectedly giving birth to tiny 17-inch tall foal.