Five hundred UK business leaders were questioned for the YouGov poll, conducted as part of an experts' meeting on ageing at London's Royal Institution.
- 40% said people aged over 50 accounted for a quarter of their workforce
- Two-thirds maintained that over-50s made an important contribution to their business
- Up to 81% were concerned that skills would be lost when older workers retire
- 19% of employers saw maintaining an older workforce as a business priority
- 12% invested in any sort of targeted training for older staff
- 4% had designed workplaces to make them more suitable for older workers
More top news
Bashar Jaafari told ITV News: "We are not killing our own people. We are fighting terrorists, this is the government's duty."
On the cusp of the coldest spell of the winter
Artists have been arriving at the Brit Awards carrying or wearing white roses as part of the anti-sexual harassment movement Time's Up.