Five hundred UK business leaders were questioned for the YouGov poll, conducted as part of an experts' meeting on ageing at London's Royal Institution.
- 40% said people aged over 50 accounted for a quarter of their workforce
- Two-thirds maintained that over-50s made an important contribution to their business
- Up to 81% were concerned that skills would be lost when older workers retire
- 19% of employers saw maintaining an older workforce as a business priority
- 12% invested in any sort of targeted training for older staff
- 4% had designed workplaces to make them more suitable for older workers
More top news
The man was taken early this morning to a south London police station where he remains in custody.
The Chancellor faces tough talks to build a Government while also dealing with the challenge from a resurgent far right.
Watch John McDonnell's speech at Labour Party conference 2017 live as he speaks to Brighton the audience from 12.15pm.