Five hundred UK business leaders were questioned for the YouGov poll, conducted as part of an experts' meeting on ageing at London's Royal Institution.
- 40% said people aged over 50 accounted for a quarter of their workforce
- Two-thirds maintained that over-50s made an important contribution to their business
- Up to 81% were concerned that skills would be lost when older workers retire
- 19% of employers saw maintaining an older workforce as a business priority
- 12% invested in any sort of targeted training for older staff
- 4% had designed workplaces to make them more suitable for older workers
More top news
Fans who missed out have another chance to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child as a quarter of a million more tickets go on sale.
The historic Democrat nominee's key message sought to resonate with her opponents as well as her supporters. But it also raised questions.
Pope Francis becomes the third pontiff to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp