- Personal debt in the UK stands at £1.4 tn with an average household owing £54,000, compared with £29,000 a decade ago
- Unsecured consumer debt has almost tripled since 1993, reaching nearly £160bn
- Poorest 10% of household in the country have average debts more than 4x their annual income
- More than 8 million households now have no savings at all
- 26,000 UK households have been accepted by councils as homeless in the last five years because of rent and mortgage arrears, with 5,036 becoming homeless last year
- Payday lenders have increased business from £900 million in 2008/09 to just over £2 billion in 2011/12.
More top news
Patchy rain affects northern areas of the UK in the next 24 hours. Elsewhere, dry but rather cloudy.
Marjorie and Micheal Cawdery, both 83, were found dead in their house in Portadown, Northern Ireland on Friday.
Ann Myatt, who is contesting Jo Cox's former seat, told a hustings: "We've not yet shot anybody so that's wonderful."