Abdelhakim Dekhar, 48, remains in custody in Paris hospital after police detained him on Wednesday night.
Here is what we know about him:
- Of Algerian origin
- Enlisted in the Algerian army at the age of 17, Le Figaro reports
- Affiliated with anarchist far-left in the 90s, known as “Toumi’ among his peers
- Sentenced in 1998 for his links to a murder spree in France
- Lived abroad, including in London, after his release in 1999
- Detained on Wednesday, heavily medicated
- Believed to have attempted to take his own life
- Left notes criticising capitalism and the violence in Libya and Syria
More top news
The Gunners are set to offer £25 million to land their desired summer target while Chelsea will rival Manchester United for a raid on PSG.
Aysha Frade was mowed down just yards away from the sixth form college in Westminster where she worked.
Armed police have carried out a raid apparently linked to Wednesday's deadly terror attack in Westminster.