Abdelhakim Dekhar, 48, remains in custody in Paris hospital after police detained him on Wednesday night.
Here is what we know about him:
- Of Algerian origin
- Enlisted in the Algerian army at the age of 17, Le Figaro reports
- Affiliated with anarchist far-left in the 90s, known as “Toumi’ among his peers
- Sentenced in 1998 for his links to a murder spree in France
- Lived abroad, including in London, after his release in 1999
- Detained on Wednesday, heavily medicated
- Believed to have attempted to take his own life
- Left notes criticising capitalism and the violence in Libya and Syria
More top news
While most of us think our calorie consumption is around 2,600 it will actually be nearer 6,000 - the same as 12 Big macs.
Mark Olberholzters sold the truck in October 2013, but it has turned up on Twitter being used by Islamic fighters in Syria.
Nigel Farage has suggested a former Ukip candidate used the terms "chinky" and "poofters" because of his "council estate background".