The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
Police have arrested four men in connection to the suspected terror-linked murder of a police worker in Sydney.
Volkswagen could start recalling cars containing emissions cheating software in January, according to the firm's new chief executive.
A toddler survived for days on his own after his mother collapsed and died as she fed his one-year-old brother - who also choked to death.