The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
Specially-trained prison security teams have been sent to HMP Hewell near Redditch, after trouble broke out on one of the prison's wings.
Household names are among 40 women to sign open letter to BBC Director General saying he must "act now" to end pay discrimination.
"We've never actually spoken so publicly about her," the Duke of Cambridge said. "But we felt that this was the right time to do it."