The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
Newly-released footage shows Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz in flight around ten years ago during his time as a trainee.
An ITV News/Daily Mail poll puts the Conservatives are four points ahead of Labour, as Ed Miliband appears to suffer "post-Paxman" dip.
Hiker who walked from Mexico to Canada took a selfie on every single mile - charting the transformation of himself and the terrain.