The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
Thousands of sick people may soon be unable to see a doctor because there are not enough GPs, experts have warned.
This is a table of the statistics regarding under-18s and under-16s, who have been caught drink driving in the period 2008 to 2013.
Children as young as 11 and 12 are being caught drinking and driving, police records show.