The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
Myleene Klass is set to shock Countdown fans by giving a naughty eight-letter word as her answer on tonight's show.
David Cameron will today pledge an extra 50,000 apprenticeships using £200m in bank fines from Labour's "failed past".
Women who drink organic milk during pregnancy may be putting the brain development of their unborn babies at risk, experts claim.