The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
A court has ruled that the original coffin in which Lee Harvey Oswald was buried belongs to his brother, not the undertaker's that sold it.
Manic Street Preachers lyricist went missing nearly 20 years ago but mystery still surrounds exactly what happened to him.
Deputy Prime Minister admitted he wanted to hit David Cameron on more than 20 occasions on late-night chat show 'The Last Leg'.