The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
The 650-feet long hole emerged after a water main burst near the 14th-century Ponte Vecchio bridge.
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker invited the former London mayor to Brussels to get a more 'accurate view of the EU'.
Heard cited irreconcilable differences as reasons for the divorce, court records show.