The HS2 Hybrid Bill that is to go before Parliament will give details on how the first phase of the high speed rail project should progress.
The High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill will provide government powers to allow the construction and operation of the railway.
It will outline powers to:
- build and maintain the first phase of HS2 and its associated works, including secure planning permission for the works;
- compulsorily acquire interests in the land required;
- affect or change rights of way, including the stopping-up or diversion of highways and waterways (permanently or temporarily);
- modify infrastructure belonging to statutory undertakers (e.g. utility companies);
- carry out protective works to buildings and third-party infrastructure.
More top news
Shadow business secretary Rebecca Long-Bailey has called for "immediate" relief to prevent thousands of companies going out of business.
A spokesperson criticised the behaviour of a "small number" of fans at the game between Birmingham City and the Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Those taking part in the bizarre trend say the combination of fruit juices and hot water makes for a uniquely liberating experience.